rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: Poll for riders aged 50 and older only

Started by underdog · · Last activity · 2 posts · 219 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
12 March 2007
Last activity
12 March 2007
Original author
underdog
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
219
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. eric53 said:

    Wow...you're very active for your age.

    Could just be very old for his activity level.😉

    --
    underdog

    'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
    tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57231

  2. DonO said:


    Originally Posted by DonO
    I wasn't sure if I should click "Coker" in the poll, since I purchased
    a Nimbus frame and have now converted my Coker to a Nimbus 36er.
    Perhaps we should be referring to them as 36ers in the future. Then
    again, Coker is sort of a generic name for 36ers nowadays.

    I mainly ride distance, and plan to ride the 115 km (that's 72 miles
    for you metrically challenged folk ) "America's Most Beutiful Bike
    Ride" at Lake Tahoe in Jun07. Why don't some of you other 36ers join me
    (there are about a dozen unicyclists so far, but over 2900
    bicyclists)?

    You asked whether we do other styles of riding: Today I took my KH24 XC
    out for an hour long ride. It was very icy and cold, but I felt safer
    being closer to the ground. And when I travel I usually take my 20"
    no-name with me 'cause it will fit in my suitcase. And finally, my 5'
    giraffe get used about half a dozen times a year. I don't ride it
    because I can't free mount it, and I can't freemount it because I don't
    ride it - vicious circle.

    DonO

    Eric53 said:


    Hi there !....to be able to do well at the Lake Tahoe Ride, how many
    miles per week should I ride my Coker ?..I've been riding more my Coker
    on the Los Angeles bike paths cause not too many places to ride my
    Pashley...I'm still thinking of at least trying out this MOAB,UTAH -
    saw the videos & am really interested..but I should get a Qu-Ax to get
    an inexpensive replacement, I think...you see, I started very late- at
    52, cause I learned about unicycling by accident & since have tried the
    20"torker..24" NimbusX..26"Pashley..Coker--am in a big hurry to learn
    real fast so I can start aging real slow...this age -group of 50+ must
    have it's own department..so far I've learned to idle w/ my 26" & when
    I met & practiced with another unicyclist ("ThisGuyIKnow"😉..I was able
    to do my 1st 6-miler on my Coker...I'm proud cause I beat my 21-yr-old
    son at least in unicycling...(we started last year)

    I am riding Americas most Beautiful ride this year and if you are
    planning on riding I would recommend hill climb training on some steep
    grades in your area. Once you get to Tahoe WITH the high altitude and
    the two main hill climbs, I feel you need to train twice as hard down
    at lower altitude.

    --
    Daytripper63
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daytripper63's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10789
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57231

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.