UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: Pannier Heel Clearance

Started by Just zis Guy, you know? · · Last activity · 2 posts · 563 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
1 September 2004
Last activity
2 September 2004
Original author
Just zis Guy, you know?
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
563
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I get that on my MTB as well. I think the only solution, assuming you
    can't move the panniers further back alongthe rack, is to put extended
    braces on the front of the rack so it sits further back on the bike.

  2. "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I get that on my MTB as well. I think the only solution, assuming you
    can't move the panniers further back alongthe rack, is to put extended
    braces on the front of the rack so it sits further back on the bike.

    I'll try moving the rack onto the lower eyelet on the drouput (the one
    meant for mudguards? about an inch further back than the eyelet the rack is
    on at the moment). I can also extend the brace on the front of the rack by
    about an inch.

    Hopefully this will let me get heel clearance, otherwise I'll be looking
    for a new rack.

    One thing I've found with the Bor Yeuh rack is that the middle support goes
    in a U shape along the top of the rack - if it was straight up and down
    then I'd be able to clip one of the Ortlieb mounts there, but the double
    thickness of tubing at the middle means I can't...

    Might even try swapping over with the old blackburn rack off my old bike...

    --
    Brian

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.