General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: OT: OMG, we have a zoo

Started by Grismalkin · · Last activity · 1 post · 310 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
3 January 2005
Last activity
3 January 2005
Original author
Grismalkin
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
310
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:

    Picked up a stray cat last night. Hoot immediately tried to kill it. I've
    got her in a spare bedroom. The poor thing was wandering down Berry Road.
    I found her on the way back from a quick shop. I will get her to the vet
    tomorrow. She is a sweet thing. She seems grateful for anything. So now we
    have Missy, Shelly, Raymond (whose family is supposed to pick him up today)
    Hoot and the nameless kitty. She is a very odd color. Orange, black and
    white.

    She must be a calico. My first cat, my childhood pet, was a calico. They are
    so pretty! Now, Grimalkin is a tortoiseshell, long-haired and no white in her
    fur. She had been de-clawed and ended up on the streets and she is sort of mad
    now. The other cats tease her sometimes and she makes gnarly cries at them.
    No eyes have been put out here, and the other cats have their claws. It's just
    life in this household.

    Someone has loved her. She is declawed and I'm guessing she's been

    Quoted message said:

    spayed. She is very snuggly and eats a ton of food. She is very fragile at
    this point but I can build her up. So far, she has not bitten me, unlike
    Hoot. Hoot is so strange, she gives these little 'love' bites but sometimes
    they are big bites. Cats are strange animals, but I love 'em.

    Lucky you! All the cats give me hard "love bites."

    Quoted message said:

    Okay, how long before I introduce the new cat into the household. They all
    know she is here. They sniff at the door. Maybe I should wait a couple of
    weeks. I'm doing nothing else these days. I'm not sure what to do.

    I would wait 2 weeks. It depends on the home cat, and Hoot sounds like Tuner.
    Tuner wanted to kill kitten James when she was only a few months older than him
    (births in March and July) Now he is much larger than she is. We went through
    a few weeks of hell. I love to see them snuggle up together now. Like I tell
    Rick, these animals are engineered to be killers and fighters. Not that the
    cats here kill any prey.

    Quoted message said:

    Ob Food:

    I have not even thought about it. I have 5 animals to feed. I'm thinking
    pot roast and for breakfast some SGB. I may have to buy tuna for the
    kitties. It has been a long time since Hoot has gotten tuna. She will be
    the ultimate ingrate.

    Michael


    I have been brining a bone-in turkey breast and will stuff and bake it
    tomorrow. I also want to inject it with melted butter and hot sauce.

    Good luck with your menagerie! It takes some time to get the household back
    together, but they get their heirarchy together and fight less.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.