rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: Nimbus II & KH/Onza Hub?

Started by evil-nick · · Last activity · 3 posts · 272 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
18 May 2005
Last activity
19 May 2005
Original author
evil-nick
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
272
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Ok, I finally have the money to fix my uni, which means getting a new
    hub. I'm looking at the KH/Onza hub, but am wondering if it will fit on
    my Nimbus II 24" frame. According to the helpful folks at Unicycle.com,
    the wheelset that they sell 'here'
    (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=665) will fit my
    beloved Nimbus II frame. This appears to be the old KH hub. Is the
    'new hub' (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=803) better
    than the old one?

    Oh, and as an aside, my Duro Leopard is balding, what do people
    recommend for a replacement?

    I'M GOING THROUGH UNI WITHDRAWAL!!!

    --
    evil-nick - Unicyclist, Linux Geek, & swell guy

    Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
    obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
    through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
    its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
    remain.

    * Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

    I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

    My gallery:
    http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
    Our Club:
    http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40457

  2. The new hub is lighter than the old one, doesn't click and is stronger,
    i should imagine it can be made to fit the Nimbus II with suitable
    spacers. I have that exact wheel set in my Nimbus II frame and it works
    great, you just have to flex the legs in very slightly to get the
    bearings to drop in to their housings. This set does use the first
    generation hub so you may want to have the crank nubs removed somwehow
    and later type bolts used if you have problems clipping your ankles. As
    for tyre, if you do alot of climbing or steep descent, get a Nokian
    Gazzalodi, otherwise get another Duro, i think they're better for trials
    and more technical hopping.

    Dave

    --
    kington99

    - what a thoroughly post-modern subversion of the cycling genre -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    kington99's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9417
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40457

  3. Thanks for thr iinput! I guess I'll go with the KH/Onza then 😄

    --
    evil-nick - Unicyclist, Linux Geek, & swell guy

    Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
    obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
    through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
    its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
    remain.

    * Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

    I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

    My gallery:
    http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
    Our Club:
    http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40457

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.