rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: New coker handlebar FINALLY available!!!!

Started by bmerry · · Last activity · 5 posts · 299 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
15 May 2008
Last activity
15 May 2008
Original author
bmerry
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
299
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Just unpacked mine yesterday. It looks really good, narrower than
    saddle as mentioned, and the bar-ends offer great adjustability. I
    don't feel that the weight is significant at all. It's much lighter
    than I expected after reading past forum comments. It's certainly
    lighter than the improvised handlebar I've been using for a couple of
    months. Can't wait to ride with it!

    --
    bmerry
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bmerry's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11933
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69936

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. Bill (and any others) Can we get a riding review, please? If it's
    good, then I want one in plenty of time before RTL.

    --
    steveyo

    steveyo
    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

    - a few 'uni race write-ups'
    (http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
    - muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
    (http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    steveyo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7228
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69936

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. Just enquired about getting one shipped to Australia; seems better on
    paper then the T7 thats for sure.

    Eagerly awaiting riding reviews :o

    --
    nexty
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    nexty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/17087
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69936

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. I'm curious to hear how it survives UPDs. There seem to be three places
    that could move when subjected to those pressures - where it attaches
    to the seat post and where the handles attach to the pi bar.

    Also, any sign of UDC carrying them?

    --
    boisei
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    boisei's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16116
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69936

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  5. boisei said:

    I'm curious to hear how it survives UPDs. There seem to be three places
    that could move when subjected to those pressures...

    Those points of adjustability could be a good thing in crashes;
    something that bends will hold up better than something that's rigid.

    My Wyganowski setup has a pair of bar-ends on the front, attached to
    what was intended as a bumper. When I took that Coker off-road, it
    became much more likely that I'd drop it and after chewing up a few
    end-caps I finally figured out to loosen the bar-ends and flip them up
    and out of the way for MUni. I don't think the bar-ends ever shifted
    position in a drop though.

    But on pavement, I hardly ever drop the unicycle so I wouldn't worry
    about that for myself. A long and low handle is going to be the first
    thing to hit the ground in a forward UPD, unless you add a further
    bumper in front of/below that (heavy). So we have to get used to the
    idea.

    boisei said:

    ...any sign of UDC carrying them?

    I expect they will carry them as soon as they can get some from Coker.
    Same for the tires, as they become available.

    MuniAddict said:

    ...to get the same thing with with the new coker bar you will need to
    get a rail adaptor to add to your saddle.

    Not sure why you would need that. The Cokers come with Schwinn/KH-style
    posts, which allow a nominal seat tilt adjustment. That's enough for me
    most of the time. Also the Coker brake attaches to a plate under the
    seat's front bumper, so no need for a tube on the rail adapter. Because
    my Coker has a low pair of handles out front, I want my seat tilted a
    little downward. Fortunately I was able to start with an already-bent
    base on the steel post that came with my Wilder. A little bit of dainty
    work with the sledgehammer and I've "customized" it to a lower front
    tilt. 🙂

    boisei said:

    It's annoying enough to UPD but to have to stop everything, loosen some
    bolts, fidget with getting everything how I like it again, tighten it
    back up, and maybe do it all over again if I find that it's off when I
    get going again...

    This is indeed a possibility. But I suspect if it's that bendable, it's
    going to move when you have your weight on it and you hit bumps. Or,
    that you can yank it back into place after a UPD, like banging on a
    crooked seat. No tools required, and you can probably do it while
    riding.

    Like I mentioned above, I'm not even concerned about this, as I very
    rarely drop the unicycle on road rides. If I have a Coker handle and go
    on a MUni ride, I might just swing the whole thing around to the rear!
    🙂

    --
    johnfoss

    John Foss
    Email: "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com
    -----------------------------------------------

    Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
    lately?"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69936

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.