rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Re: My new KH/Schlumpf geared 29er!!

Started by siafirede · · Last activity · 2 posts · 329 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
17 February 2008
Last activity
17 February 2008
Original author
siafirede
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
329
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I took the guni out on a 25 mile ride today from Falls Church VA to
    Bethesda MD and back on several bike trails. My friend who usually
    joins me on his bike said that I was definitely faster on the guni than
    on my 36er. It definitely feels nicer to ride at faster speeds than
    pedaling really fast with the 36er. I was able to pass more bikers
    than usual and the low gear came in handy while riding in traffic in DC
    and dealing with pedestrians. I wish I had a cycle computer with me so
    I could know how fast I was going. Another plus about the guni is that
    I am able to fit it in my trunk! The coker never fit back there...I
    always had to put it in the back seat of the Corolla.

    The right crank seems to be staying on a lot better now, but I get
    paranonid about crank arm bolts after I have been tightening them hard
    constantly. I don't want to strip the bolt. This got me thinking that
    I should place an order for some spare parts with Schlumpf now while
    everything is working great...that way if I lose a button or a crank
    arm bolt is starting to seem like it is getting stripped I can replace
    it without having to wait for overseas shipping.

    --
    siafirede

    'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
    Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland

    James = my name
    'This' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout) = my myspace
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    siafirede's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6057
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/67590

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. siafirede said:

    I wish I had a cycle computer with me so I could know how fast I was
    going.

    I recommend a GPS wristwatch. As well as recording
    average-speed/top-speed/lap-speed/current-speed it can record the path
    you've taken, suitable for overlaying on satellite footage. Very cool.

    http://www.garmin.com/products/forerunner301/

    I have the Forerunner 201 and I've been totally happy with it.

    I prefer it to a cycle computer because I found that looking down
    between my legs to read speed and distance off of my cycle computer was
    far from ideal. With the GPS wristwatch I can be cruising at top-speed
    with my watch held in front of my eyes so that I can easily watch my
    speed.

    --
    Bruce Dawson
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bruce Dawson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1299
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/67590

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.