General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: More Bad News About Dairy

Started by John Sankey · · Last activity · 4 posts · 312 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 March 2005
Last activity
26 March 2005
Original author
John Sankey
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
312
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. For almost 40 years now, I've volunteered with our municipal health
    department to try to help people who don't fit "average" health
    patterns - asthma and hypersensitivities to things we breathe in
    particular (see http://sankey.ws/pen.html). Until a few years ago
    I've been treated as an extremist for claiming that about 15% of
    local people are way off average health in some way. Life is getting
    a bit easier now that we have three of the top specialists in the
    world practising here in Ottawa, and one of them is backing in public
    what I have been trying to get across to bureaucrats for so long.

    Reni & PizzaGirl, hang in there. You have a lot of company in
    visiting health hell without proper medical support. Just don't fall
    into the trap of assuming that what worked for you will work for
    someone else. When it comes to your intensities of health problems,
    we each have to find our own solutions for now.

    But, take heart. When I started, doctors who treated allergies were
    "homeopaths" (translation, quacks). Then we discovered the
    immuniglobins, allergists became respectable overnight, and today
    anyone with an allergy who is still having problems with it should
    just change doctors.

    Science does progress, just so awfully slowly at times. I've had to
    pass the torch to the next generation, but trust me: there are still
    researchers out there who care for the truth and for people. I hope
    they can help our children and our children's children.

  2. That is not the problem. Some of these "homeopaths" as you called them, lost
    their licences and are currently lab workers instead of health practicioners
    because of the black arts practiced by this medical mafia.

    BTW: Homeopaths dispense homeopathic remedies and have no professional
    status anywhere I have been in N.America

    Naturopathic Doctors here in Canada are trained to dispense homeopathic
    remedies, herbs, supplements and various other forms of healing practices as
    necessary. Many cross train in accupuncture and various other supplemental
    arts.

    "John Sankey" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    For almost 40 years now, I've volunteered with our municipal health
    department to try to help people who don't fit "average" health
    patterns - asthma and hypersensitivities to things we breathe in
    particular (see http://sankey.ws/pen.html). Until a few years ago
    I've been treated as an extremist for claiming that about 15% of
    local people are way off average health in some way. Life is getting
    a bit easier now that we have three of the top specialists in the
    world practising here in Ottawa, and one of them is backing in public
    what I have been trying to get across to bureaucrats for so long.

    Reni & PizzaGirl, hang in there. You have a lot of company in
    visiting health hell without proper medical support. Just don't fall
    into the trap of assuming that what worked for you will work for
    someone else. When it comes to your intensities of health problems,
    we each have to find our own solutions for now.

    But, take heart. When I started, doctors who treated allergies were
    "homeopaths" (translation, quacks). Then we discovered the
    immuniglobins, allergists became respectable overnight, and today
    anyone with an allergy who is still having problems with it should
    just change doctors.

    Science does progress, just so awfully slowly at times. I've had to
    pass the torch to the next generation, but trust me: there are still
    researchers out there who care for the truth and for people. I hope
    they can help our children and our children's children.

  3. "John Sankey" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    For almost 40 years now, I've volunteered with our municipal health
    department to try to help people who don't fit "average" health
    patterns - asthma and hypersensitivities to things we breathe in
    particular (see http://sankey.ws/pen.html). Until a few years ago
    I've been treated as an extremist for claiming that about 15% of
    local people are way off average health in some way. Life is getting
    a bit easier now that we have three of the top specialists in the
    world practising here in Ottawa, and one of them is backing in public
    what I have been trying to get across to bureaucrats for so long.

    Reni & PizzaGirl, hang in there. You have a lot of company in
    visiting health hell without proper medical support. Just don't fall
    into the trap of assuming that what worked for you will work for
    someone else. When it comes to your intensities of health problems,
    we each have to find our own solutions for now.

    Isn't that a verifiable option for people to follow? Are you saying that
    they should not listen to them?
    Isn't that an option when conventional health fails them to look at
    alternate health options?
    It sounds to me as though you are giving alternate health options a free
    pass if they don't work.
    Why the double standard?

    Quoted message said:


    But, take heart. When I started, doctors who treated allergies were
    "homeopaths" (translation, quacks). Then we discovered the
    immuniglobins, allergists became respectable overnight, and today
    anyone with an allergy who is still having problems with it should
    just change doctors.

    My friend allergy medicines including over the counter have made billions
    and billions for many, many, many years.
    It was not a matter of respect but of evidence based medicine.
    It reminds me of the blood test that silicone breast implants lawyers used
    to denote autoimmunity. They took all patients with breast implants and
    found positive results. Another doctor questioning the results sent in his
    own male blood without implants I presume and he got back a postive result
    from the lab.

    Quoted message said:


    Science does progress, just so awfully slowly at times. I've had to
    pass the torch to the next generation, but trust me: there are still
    researchers out there who care for the truth and for people. I hope
    they can help our children and our children's children.

    I guess you already know the truth before the science comes out.
    I congratulate you in treating children and our children's children on rumor
    and on innuendo.

  4. "Pizza Girl" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:1111788082.53a4ea653a94f53e5ee6bded0f2e7427@teranews...

    Quoted message said:

    That is not the problem. Some of these "homeopaths" as you called them,


    lost

    Quoted message said:

    their licences and are currently lab workers instead of health


    practicioners

    Why would someone loose their license?
    How would they know they existed without a complaint made?

    Quoted message said:

    because of the black arts practiced by this medical mafia.

    BTW: Homeopaths dispense homeopathic remedies and have no professional
    status anywhere I have been in N.America

    Complaints lead one to homeopaths. You can not argue with success. If
    patients were treated well the authorities would not even know they existed.

    Quoted message said:


    Naturopathic Doctors here in Canada are trained to dispense homeopathic
    remedies, herbs, supplements and various other forms of healing practices


    as

    Quoted message said:

    necessary. Many cross train in accupuncture and various other supplemental
    arts.

    Were they arrested for doing open heart surgery in a shed?
    Accupuncture is licensed in the country period. We even have a license for a
    holistic health practitioner although most are massage therapist that rub
    and tug.

    Quoted message said:


    "John Sankey" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    For almost 40 years now, I've volunteered with our municipal health
    department to try to help people who don't fit "average" health
    patterns - asthma and hypersensitivities to things we breathe in
    particular (see http://sankey.ws/pen.html). Until a few years ago
    I've been treated as an extremist for claiming that about 15% of
    local people are way off average health in some way. Life is getting
    a bit easier now that we have three of the top specialists in the
    world practising here in Ottawa, and one of them is backing in public
    what I have been trying to get across to bureaucrats for so long.

    Reni & PizzaGirl, hang in there. You have a lot of company in
    visiting health hell without proper medical support. Just don't fall
    into the trap of assuming that what worked for you will work for
    someone else. When it comes to your intensities of health problems,
    we each have to find our own solutions for now.

    But, take heart. When I started, doctors who treated allergies were
    "homeopaths" (translation, quacks). Then we discovered the
    immuniglobins, allergists became respectable overnight, and today
    anyone with an allergy who is still having problems with it should
    just change doctors.

    Science does progress, just so awfully slowly at times. I've had to
    pass the torch to the next generation, but trust me: there are still
    researchers out there who care for the truth and for people. I hope
    they can help our children and our children's children.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.