General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Lower back pain from Squats

Started by A K · · Last activity · 1 post · 459 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
23 September 2005
Last activity
23 September 2005
Original author
A K
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
459
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I would definitely ice it. Try icing 20 minutes on and an hour off then
    back to 20 minutes on for as long as you can. Wait several days and see if
    it subsides. You probably pulled something down there. If the pain is
    still there and as intense if not more 7 days later, then see a doctor. I
    wouldn't do any exercise that aggravates it.

    --
    Adam K
    http://fitnessplanning.com

    "markymark" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Tonight I hurt my lower back while squatting. I am around 74Kg (5´11¨)
    and squat about 100kg so it´s a reasonable weight for my size. My form
    looks good, but maybe I arch my back too much.

    The pain came during the squat but I stupidly continued to complete my
    set. It is a sharp pain which is right in the lower centre of the back
    and does not feel muscular. It is now sore in various seated positions
    and especially as I get-up or lower myself onto a chair.

    Can anyone with experience advise what might have been damaged ( spine,
    nerve, muscle ) and what the best remedy could be? Should I take
    anything? How long should I stay off squats?

    Cheers

    --
    markymark

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.