sonarrat said:It's still early in the season, but doesn't it seem like the new
Liquigas team have taken a bunch of also-rans and raised their level?They've got no fewer than 9 exiles from the now-dead Vini Caldirola
team, including Stefano Garzelli and sprinter Marco Zanotti. They've
Quoted message said:got ex-Alessio men like Magnus Backstedt and Franco Pellizotti.
There
Quoted message said:are riders from De Nardi, Fassa, Saeco, Lampre, Amore e Vita, Tenax,
and
Quoted message said:of course Cipollini from Domina Vacanze.
So it might seem like it's a slapped-together collection of riders
that
Quoted message said:range from passable to dire, with maybe one or two exceptions... but
now
Quoted message said:they're making more of a dent in the scene as a unit than they ever
did
Quoted message said:individually. Or am I just dreaming things?
Definitely an odd mix, but there is talent. In addition to those you
mentioned, Dario Cioni had a very good 2004, and I was surprised to see
him leave Fassa (Pozzato too, for that matter). I thought Danilo Di
Luca (ex-Saeco) was headed for great things two or three years ago; he
stalled out, but may have something left.