Emma Thackery said:Kraft is being sued because the drink Caprisun is/was allegedly labeled
"All Natural" despite that one of the main ingredients is high fructose
corn syrup. Apparently, products containing HFCS are not legally
entitled to carry the "all natural" label according to the complaint.
That would certainly make sense.This news item really grabbed my attention because I've had so many
problems with gluten in Kraft products that were allegedly wheat free.
Companies that run fast and loose in one area tend to abuse the
consumers' trust in other areas as well.Emma
I'm not a hippie health freak by any stretch of the imagination, but
HFCS is something that I try to avoid. Many, many items labeled "all-
natural" contain HFCS, Newman's Own products come to mind.
Natural, eh, a bit of a non-term. Lots of things that are in their
natural state I would never put into my body. Hey look at this rock,
it's all-natural, shall we snack on it? Mmm foxglove (digitalis), mmm
radium, mmm mercury. All natural, to be taken with a grain of salt
when it is used to infer healthfulness of a product.
Jessica