UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: is this a completely stoopid idea?

Started by Simon Brooke · · Last activity · 1 post · 417 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
2 March 2005
Last activity
2 March 2005
Original author
Simon Brooke
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
417
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. in message <[email hidden]>, audrey

    (') said:

    Since the Bike Events brochure came in the post, I've been thinking
    about doing the Manchester 100 ride in September.

    I'm a very overweight 30-something who mainly uses her bike for
    pootling to the shops and such. The furthest I usually ride is about
    5 miles. Oh and my bike is [censored] (tho there is a possibility I might
    be getting a shiny new one in July).

    How realistic is it that I could be able to cycle 62 miles in one day
    by September?

    Easy (but a light, fast, shiny bike will make it easier)

    Quoted message said:

    Obviously I'd need to train/practice, can any suggest
    how much and how often?

    You need to have done three or four twenty mile runs before you go for
    the 60. If you've done a fifty so much the better. Start by getting in
    a ten mile once a week, when that is enjoyable increase to fifteen,
    when that's enjoyable increase to twenty. You don't have to be an
    athlete and you don't have to indulge in any crazy training.

    --
    [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

    There are no messages. The above is just a random stream of
    bytes. Any opinion or meaning you find in it is your own creation.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.