UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: is this a completely stoopid idea?

Started by Tony Raven · · Last activity · 1 post · 522 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
2 March 2005
Last activity
2 March 2005
Original author
Tony Raven
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
522
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. audrey said:

    Since the Bike Events brochure came in the post, I've been thinking
    about doing the Manchester 100 ride in September.

    I'm a very overweight 30-something who mainly uses her bike for
    pootling to the shops and such. The furthest I usually ride is about
    5 miles. Oh and my bike is [censored] (tho there is a possibility I might
    be getting a shiny new one in July).

    How realistic is it that I could be able to cycle 62 miles in one day
    by September? Obviously I'd need to train/practice, can any suggest
    how much and how often?

    ta

    Audrey

    Why not try it anyway? It will give you something to work towards as a
    target and if you set off on the day and see how far you can get without
    expecting to necessarily complete the whole distance, you might be
    surprised how far you get. I did an imperial double century of 220
    miles that way and flabbergasted myself.

    Tony

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.