UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: Inner Tube Hell for Hybrid Bike

Started by Call me Bob · · Last activity · 5 posts · 568 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
1 May 2005
Last activity
2 May 2005
Original author
Call me Bob
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
568
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Mk said:

    It's a Marin San Rafael Hybrid (2004). The manual says 700c x 35c
    tyres, and the inner tube i've pulled out says Kenda 700x35/43c - It's a
    car style valve and not presta - quite thin too coz it's a hybrid bike.

    I would appreciate any help or direction, a link to a suitable inner
    tube would be excellent.

    You have a 700c wheel, and it has a 35mm tyre on it, so, you need an
    innertube that will fit just that, a 700x35 combination.

    You can tell from the wording on your current innertube that it is
    suitable for the 700x35 tyre, and it will also be fine for slightly
    bigger tyres, up to 43mm. Hence the 700x35/43.

    If the valve on it is the car type, then it's called a Schraeder
    valve.

    So, you want a Schraeder 700x35 tube.

    Here's a link to a suitable innertube at Wiggle:

    http://tinyurl.com/74new

    Towards the bottom, "Vredestein Schrader 700x35/42".

    Those particular ones are quite expensive individually, you'll find
    cheaper options available, in almost any bike shop, but I'm including
    the link so you can see what you need.

    --

    "Bob"

    Email address is spam trapped.
    To reply directly remove the beverage.

  2. Call me Bob said:

    So, you want a Schraeder 700x35 tube.

    Incidently, if your pump will work with presta valves, then there's no
    reason you can't buy presta innertubes and use those if you want. You
    don't have to stick with the schraeder type.

    --

    "Bob"

    Email address is spam trapped.
    To reply directly remove the beverage.

  3. Mk <[email hidden]>typed

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks for your help.

    Our pleasure 🙂

    Quoted message said:

    There are so many different types, for different
    bikes. The bloke at halfords was no use.

    No news here then...

    Quoted message said:

    I was starting to wonder
    whether I would ever find a suitable inner tube.

    Local Bike Shops (LBSs) can be helpful.
    Sheldon Brown has a *fantastic* website www.sheldonbrown.com
    Regular posters here are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, usually...

    --
    Helen D. Vecht: [email hidden]
    Edgware.

  4. In article said:

    I like Schraeders because of the time they save - and I don't replace
    dust caps 'cos that takes even more time.

    I ran one of my tires without a dustcap on the valve for a while, with
    the result that when I tried to top the pressure up the valve jammed
    in the 'open' position when I pulled the pump off. Fixable by flushing
    the valve with WD40 (water might have worked as well), but not
    something you'd want to have to do if you were in a hurry.

    --
    Mike Quin <[email hidden]>

  5. In article <[email hidden]>, Mike Quin

    Quoted message said:

    I ran one of my tires without a dustcap on the valve for a while,
    with the result that when I tried to top the pressure up the valve
    jammed in the 'open' position when I pulled the pump off.

    Dab the centre pin first to blow the rubbish away.

    --
    A T (Sandy) Morton
    on the Bicycle Island
    In the Global Village
    http://www.millport.net

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.