Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Re: I got some hubs - just need the spokes.

Started by kit · · Last activity · 2 posts · 358 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
1 June 2004
Last activity
2 June 2004
Original author
kit
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
358
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. reply said:

    Hi all,

    I am looking for somewhere on-line that sells spokes. I have a pair
    of wheels to re-build but can't find anywhere at less than 50p per
    spoke, that's gona run expensive.

    That sounds about the going rate to me. I agree, it seems expensive but
    consider that many shops don't stock spokes in small sizes. Instead they
    cut larger spokes down to size, then roll new threads on them.

    Incidentally, are you aware you can normally re-use old spokes, unless
    your new rims are a different size? I gather the important thing is not
    to change the arrangement of the spokes. Most bike shops will tell you
    differently, but Jobst Brandt's book 'The bicycle wheel' says it's OK.

    Quoted message said:

    Any ideas where to get a better price?

    I have bought spokes from St Johns st. cycles, and from Futurecycles.

    Kit

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks in advance.

    Everso


  2. Quoted message said:

    The really annoying thing is previously I was searching and found
    somewhere selling them for 19p each in the u.k. but can't find the web
    site again.

    The search continues...

    Let me know if your search bears fruit. I'd be interested.

    Kit

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.