General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Hammock use in Scotland

Started by GingerTommy · · Last activity · 1 post · 194 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 August 2004
Last activity
4 August 2004
Original author
GingerTommy
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
194
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Carl said:

    I have never used the Hennessey outside the house.
    I have used a regular hammock with a hammock mosquito net and poncho
    as rain cover. never in very cold weather, and I am not sure how
    hot/old it has been, nippy is the best I can remember
    (but it would have been in what we call spring and autumn.. used it


    in

    Quoted message said:

    Korea...at the time I considered it to be too cold in the winter,


    and

    Quoted message said:

    it was too hot and humid in the summer, I was a bit of a fair weather
    camper in them days, all my mountain overnight trips in Korea were
    spring and autum - similar to our our spring and autumn for the short
    time they last)
    I used foam matress under my sleeping bag though.
    Never used it in very cold nor in very windy conditions, the system
    kept the rain and any bugs out, I just hope the Henessey is as good.
    (not sure how good this will be in the Henessey as it is a weird kind
    of a hammock having that slit down the middle, which I fear will make
    it hard getting in and out of, though all the reports say it is not a
    problem)

    I've ordered one to use on a trip at the end of the month.
    I went with the backpacker model as I'm only a wee fella and took the
    option of a cover and pad that slings underneath the hammock that the
    maker claims provides 4-season insulation. This has a combined weight
    of 1.2Kg and I shouldn't need any additional pads inside.

    I expect there will be a lot of trips were the PA1* will have to come
    along instead, but I am looking forward to using the hammock whenever -
    or more importantly, wherever - possible.
    Thanks Carl.

    *Pro-Action 1 man tent

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.