General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Grilled leg of lamb

Started by Rodney Myrvaagnes · · Last activity · 1 post · 192 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 May 2005
Last activity
1 May 2005
Original author
Rodney Myrvaagnes
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
192
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Peter Aitken said:

    This was easy and really tasty. I used the Australian lamb that Costco sells
    which I think is excellent quality.

    Untie a boned leg of lamb and unroll it. Trim off any excess fat (but leave
    the thin layer that's on the outside). Rub both sides with the following
    mixed in a blender or mini-prep:

    1 jar Gray Poupon grainy mustard
    5 garlic cloves
    2-3 TB olive oil
    2 TB dried herbs du Provence (I use Penzey's)
    Salt, black pepper

    Let sit in the fridge overnight or at least several hours. Grill until
    medium rare in the thickest parts.

    We had this with tabouli, orzo-feta salad, marinated artichoke hearts, and a
    tomato-asparagus-balsamic salad. And a lovely Australian merlot!

    Sounds good to me. I think unrolling the leg for an outdoor grill is
    great for avoiding arguments about doneness. I would differ from Peter
    in leaving the thickest parts really rare (_saignant_ sounds better in
    French doesn't it). It is so uneven in thickness that some parts will
    suit even my MIL, as long as she doesn't get to see all of it.

    Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

    "Curse thee, thou quadrant. No longer will I guide my earthly way by thee." Capt. Ahab

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.