General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Grilled leg of lamb

Started by sf · · Last activity · 2 posts · 245 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
30 April 2005
Last activity
30 April 2005
Original author
sf
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
245
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Peter Aitken said:

    This was easy and really tasty. I used the Australian lamb that Costco sells
    which I think is excellent quality.

    Untie a boned leg of lamb and unroll it. Trim off any excess fat (but leave
    the thin layer that's on the outside). Rub both sides with the following
    mixed in a blender or mini-prep:

    1 jar Gray Poupon grainy mustard
    5 garlic cloves
    2-3 TB olive oil
    2 TB dried herbs du Provence (I use Penzey's)
    Salt, black pepper

    Let sit in the fridge overnight or at least several hours. Grill until
    medium rare in the thickest parts.

    We had this with tabouli, orzo-feta salad, marinated artichoke hearts, and a
    tomato-asparagus-balsamic salad. And a lovely Australian merlot!

    Sounds great! Back at you...

    2 cloves garlic, mashed or minced
    1T soy
    1T chili paste w/garlic
    1t rice vinegar
    2t sesame oil

  2. "sf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Peter Aitken said:

    This was easy and really tasty. I used the Australian lamb that Costco
    sells
    which I think is excellent quality.

    Untie a boned leg of lamb and unroll it. Trim off any excess fat (but
    leave
    the thin layer that's on the outside). Rub both sides with the following
    mixed in a blender or mini-prep:

    1 jar Gray Poupon grainy mustard
    5 garlic cloves
    2-3 TB olive oil
    2 TB dried herbs du Provence (I use Penzey's)
    Salt, black pepper

    Let sit in the fridge overnight or at least several hours. Grill until
    medium rare in the thickest parts.

    We had this with tabouli, orzo-feta salad, marinated artichoke hearts,
    and a
    tomato-asparagus-balsamic salad. And a lovely Australian merlot!

    Sounds great! Back at you...

    2 cloves garlic, mashed or minced
    1T soy
    1T chili paste w/garlic
    1t rice vinegar
    2t sesame oil

    Your oriental flavors sound interesting. I will keep it in mind.

    --
    Peter Aitken

    Remove the [censored] from my email address before using.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.