Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Re: Grease carbon seatpost?

Started by Tom Nakashima · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,058 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
2 April 2004
Last activity
3 April 2004
Original author
Tom Nakashima
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,058
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Good tastes Peter.
    When I was in Jr. High School, I saved part of my paper route money to buy a
    coffee brown Italvega Super Prestige with all Campagnolo Record components.
    For eight months, I rode my beat-up Schwinn cruiser bike to the famous
    Desmonie's Bike Shop on 2nd St. in downtown San Jose every week, to make
    lay-away payments of $10.00. Able, the owner wrote me a hand written
    receipt with the balance due, while he talked about his racing days in
    Europe. He knew I was only half listening as I would just stare at the bike
    I would soon have, then he would yell out; "Hey kid, you can stop drooling
    now!"

    Now days, money isn't as tight, but I think I treasured things more when I
    had to save for it.
    Good luck with that new Merckx!
    -tom

    "Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    A well made aluminum post sure does a good job of being a place to put the
    saddle. My new Merckx has a Record aero post.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com
    "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  2. tom-<< Now days, money isn't as tight, but I think I treasured things more when
    I
    had to save for it.
    Good luck with that new Merckx! >><BR><BR>

    It is a wonderful ride...best I have ever had, close to the DeRosa...Money
    isn't tight for me now either but steel and lugged is the way I will always
    go...I'm thinking of getting a spare MXLeader...just in case since Eddy won't
    make these forever. Also like the Pegoretti..Ligano(sp?)....

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com
    "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.