Quoted message said:Subject: Re: GIANT RAINIER, is it a good bike?
From: Javier Roldan [email hidden]
Date: 3/29/2004 2:41 AM Eastern Standard Time
Message-id: <[email hidden]>Mtbscottie said:Quoted message said:Subject: GIANT RAINIER, is it a good bike? From: Javier Roldan usenet-
[email hidden] Date: 3/28/2004 6:20 PM Eastern Standard Time
Message-id: <[email hidden]>Does anybody know or have any reference about this bike? Is it a
good bike?
I owned a 2002 Rainier. As each year goes by, it becomes a bit better
equipped. The two things I liked most about the one I owned were the
Avid disc brakes and the Marzocchi EXR front fork. That fork has been
replaced with a Rockshox, and since my 2002 model, it has been upgraded
to Mavic rims, which is pretty impressive. Still has the Avid discs,
which are top notch mechanical disc brakes. It also features clipless
pedals, another improvement over the past model years. All in all, quite
a bit of bike for the dollar. My biggest and only complaint was that it
didn't climb as well as I thought it should for a hardtail, especially
on above average steep climbs.Do you have any idea what year this RAINIER is?
About the weight, is it too heavy?
GIANT RAINIER[/URL] http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/0000-
0000/atozmarshall/GiantBike1.JPG]GIANT RAINIER
It says image not available, but go to www.giantbicycles.com and look there,
it has an archive of bikes back through 1999.
My 2002 was upwards of 28 pounds, which is considered heavy for a hardtail.
The Giant website does not list a weight; I'm sure it's lost a little weight
since then considering the upgraded components I stated, but it's still a ways
off from the sub 24 pound range.