Road Cycling · Public discussion

Re: dry run to the markets

Started by Leo Lichtman · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,034 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
20 June 2008
Last activity
24 June 2008
Original author
Leo Lichtman
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,034
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "bob syr" wrote: (clip) There is one hill of which I still can’t get to the
    top.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It would have been okay to end that sentence with a preposition.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I’d like to stand up to pedal, but I’m still quite large and I’m
    afraid my chain will break. (clip)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Not to worry. The chain tension cannot exceed what it takes to move the
    bike up the hill. It matters not whether this comes from standing on the
    pedals or sitting and using leg muscles.

  2. On Jun 20, 12:12 pm, "Leo Lichtman" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    "bob syr" wrote:  (clip) There is one hill of which I still can’t getto the
    top.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It would have been okay to end that sentence with a preposition.


    Thanks, Leo.

    I've always liked Churchill's phrase:
    "This is a bit of balderdash up with which I don't intend to put."
    I hope my riding becomes better than my grammar.

    And thanks to all of you for the good comments.

    Bob

  3. "Leo Lichtman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "bob syr" wrote: (clip) There is one hill of which I still can’t get to
    the
    top.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It would have been okay to end that sentence with a preposition.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I’d like to stand up to pedal, but I’m still quite large and I’m
    afraid my chain will break. (clip)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Not to worry. The chain tension cannot exceed what it takes to move the
    bike up the hill. It matters not whether this comes from standing on the
    pedals or sitting and using leg muscles.

    What about crank arms?

  4. "Roger Zoul" wrote:
    What about crank arms?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    You cannot put more moment on the crank arms than it takes to propel the
    bike up the hill.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.