General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Does anyone know how to format EXCEL cells to easily enter split times?

Started by Sam · · Last activity · 1 post · 202 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
11 September 2004
Last activity
11 September 2004
Original author
Sam
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
202
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In the format cells, go to Custom, choose mm:ss.0 (at least that is what I
    do). I can do all necessary calculations that I have tried.

    Another option would be to set up the left most cell as minutes and the cell
    to the right of it as seconds.

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Hi,

    I'd like to be able to quickly enter split times in Excel using just the
    numeric keypad. Ideally, i''d like to set it up so that the last two


    digits

    Quoted message said:

    are seconds, and any preceding digits would be minutes (i.e., all split
    times less than an hour).

    I assume there is some way to "format" cells, or apply a mask to cells so
    that entered data would be interpreted like this....I will want, of


    course,

    Quoted message said:

    to be able to perform arithmetic operations on the cells....

    Please help! Just setting a "mm:ss" format didn't work at all!

    Lisa B.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.