"Ron Ruff" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:This was posted by joshatzipp on slowtwitch a few days back... same
thread where tubulars vs clinchers were debated.
{Snipped}
Quoted message said:Anybody have any idea what he was talking about? I'm getting nothing
significant anyway I look at it.
A wild guess but is the clue in the word "slowtwitch". Is it the increased
peak muscle loading that is occurring to maintain a constant average speed
up the climb that is fatiguing the muscles earlier in the non-round or slow
cadence case. Increasing the muscle force will recruit more fast twitch
fibres and towards the limit they will go anerobic and fatigue. Get your
model to output peak pedalling force and that should show if there is
anything in this idea. I'm no physiologist but my guess is that there is a
maximum peak muscle force that is sustainable for any climb.
Graham.