General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Diet and exercise to become obsolete soon

Started by Luna · · Last activity · 2 posts · 352 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 August 2004
Last activity
25 August 2004
Original author
Luna
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
352
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Ignoramus13955 said:

    http://www.nynewsday.com/news/health/ny-hsmouse0824,0,7562101,print.story?coll
    =ny-health-headlines

    The subject of this post is an embellishment, but the results so far
    are very interesting.

    Should we be looking to being fit, lean, and strong couch potatoes?
    Would you take a drug that would make you lean, strong and boost your
    endurance? I would, if there was no side effects.

    Well, I tend to believe in the addage that any medicine that is strong
    enough to cure is strong enough to hurt. The only things that don't have
    the potential to cause side effects are things that don't work at all.

    --
    Michelle Levin
    http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick

    I have only 3 flaws. My first flaw is thinking that I only have 3 flaws.

  2. "Luna" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Well, I tend to believe in the addage that any medicine that is strong
    enough to cure is strong enough to hurt. The only things that don't have
    the potential to cause side effects are things that don't work at all.

    This also apply to exercise... I wonder how high the medical cost for all
    the New Year champions is...
    Drugs like that will mostly be beneficial to the food industry. If we are to
    maintain a positive economical growth rate, we will eventually have to use
    pills like that in order to keep consumming more and more. The men in
    Napoleon's infantry used to burn 7k calories a day - if every American
    started to eat that much while staying healthy, that would cause a huge
    economical boom, of the kind you experienced after WWII.
    I wonder who funds these researches...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.