General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: Chuck Taylor All Stars For Squatting

Started by Curt James · · Last activity · 2 posts · 243 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
24 February 2005
Last activity
24 February 2005
Original author
Curt James
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
243
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Quoted message said:

    I recall someone recommending the
    Chuck Taylor All Stars Sneakers for
    squatting.

    I have a couple questions as I am
    thinking about ordering a pair.

    Do they run true to size. I have read
    conflicting reports ranging from true
    to size to a full size too large. I wear
    a 10.5 and can only choose between 10 and
    11. Does anyone use these and give me
    suggestion.

    Also should I get the hitop or low top.

    Paul, if you can only choose between 10 and 11 then I'd pick the
    elevens. My shoe size is 10 1/2, too. My Phat Farms are 10 1/2 and my
    Nikes are 11. I've only ever had high top Chucks, but would think that
    low tops would work similarly for squats.

    I've seen pics of Ah-nuld and Ed Corney squatting barefoot in the old
    Pumping Iron book from the '70s, but if I was getting new shoes, I'd
    order some high top Adidas (and wear 'em with black socks just like
    Franco Columbu). Those were my favorite shoes for squats back in the
    day. YMMV, of course.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  2. On 23 Feb 2005 17:43:45 -0800, "Curt James" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I recall someone recommending the
    Chuck Taylor All Stars Sneakers for
    squatting.

    I have a couple questions as I am
    thinking about ordering a pair.

    Do they run true to size. I have read
    conflicting reports ranging from true
    to size to a full size too large. I wear
    a 10.5 and can only choose between 10 and
    11. Does anyone use these and give me
    suggestion.

    Also should I get the hitop or low top.

    Paul, if you can only choose between 10 and 11 then I'd pick the
    elevens. My shoe size is 10 1/2, too. My Phat Farms are 10 1/2 and my
    Nikes are 11. I've only ever had high top Chucks, but would think that
    low tops would work similarly for squats.

    I've seen pics of Ah-nuld and Ed Corney squatting barefoot in the old
    Pumping Iron book from the '70s, but if I was getting new shoes, I'd
    order some high top Adidas (and wear 'em with black socks just like
    Franco Columbu). Those were my favorite shoes for squats back in the
    day. YMMV, of course.

    OK, just to be difficult. . . I have canvas CT high tops size 10 and
    my shoe size is 10.5 I only wear these at the gym. They're
    comfortable.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.