RRzVRR said:Hollywood said:Generally have 1/2 a grapefruit, 1 kiwi or a cup of strawberries post
workout, but half-1.5 hours post.If you're taking in the fruit as a means to replenish, you might
want to look into how fructose and other 'oses are handled by the
body.
No. I just eat them to have some non-brown food in my diet. I've had
some very excellent workouts on sub-10g carb days.
Quoted message said:In short, fructose will stay in your liver and replenish glycogen
stores there (a problem with getting/staying in ketosis) where
dextrose will more readily sent to the blood stream and thereby
more accessible for muscle glycogen replenishment.
I haven't seemed to have this problem as of yet. Very steady ketosis,
very steady loss. I could see how others might have a problem, but
carbs (even with the fruit) are like <40G every day, and <10% of total
calories. Protein Power!