harper said:This sounds like an interesting project but one from which it may be
difficult to tease meaningful conclusions from the data. One thing
about your post that bothers me a bit is:My guess is that you mean quantitative data and not just quantitative
-supporting- data. Otherwise it would seem not to be a study but rather
a justification.Good luck in the pursuit of your doctorate.
I'd guess, from what I understand of Wendy's project, that she means
that the quantitative survey data supports the ethnographical
observations and/or theories that she is making (which I presume are
either qualitative or a mix or qual / quant data from the interviews /
observations etc. and probably don't have strict statistical
significance?).
Joe (from a lab chock full of ethnographers)
ps. that is such a physicist thing to say
--
joemarshall
my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44
------------------------------------------------------------------------
joemarshall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1545
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/69742
Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.usenet.com