General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Re: calories in vitamin pills

Started by John Sankey · · Last activity · 1 post · 289 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
30 March 2005
Last activity
30 March 2005
Original author
John Sankey
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
289
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "For my omega 3 I count 1 gram of fat per capsule in my diet
    software."

    If your's match mine, I agree. Mine are supposed to have 1000 mg fish
    oil of which 180 mg is EPA and 120 mg DHA. They weigh 1500 mg; the
    extra 500 mg is supposed to be glycerin and gelatin. At the
    manufacturer's recommended dosage of 3 a day, that extra 500 mg can
    sure add up over time.

    "I also take several grams of an amino acid. I show those as grams of
    protein, but I'm not sure if that is the right way to log it."

    As far as it goes, I'm certain that's correct, but again, what's the
    gross weight of the capsules? I note that my '500 mg' chewable
    tablets of Vitamin C weigh 1300 mg, a good chunk of the extra 800 mg
    must be sugar, and lots of people chew them up at 6 a day, although I
    keep them for when I feel a cold coming on.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.