UK and Europe · Public discussion

Re: 2006 Kona Calder crankarms extractor?

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 1 post · 383 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
20 July 2007
Last activity
20 July 2007
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
383
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Morris said:

    I've had my 2006 caldera for a year and I'm in the middle of upgrading
    the drivetrain to XT standard. One of problems UI've got is that after
    purchasing a ISIS crank extractor I learned to see it doesn't work. So
    my question is - what tool would I need to extract my current
    crankarms (they're just called Truvativ Blaze ISIS on the website).
    Would this tool be sufficient:http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Original/14425.jpg

    I thought someone more expert than me would respond to this, but as
    they haven't, I'll tell you what I know.

    In the middle of the crank there should be some kind of bolt. Remove
    this first. I believe with newer cranks, this pulls off the crank at
    the same time, but I've not seen one of these removed. If this does
    not remove the crank, look where you removed the bolt. If you can see
    threads there for something to screw into, you need a crank extractor
    of the type shown in the picture. If they are there, the threads will
    be very obvious. I believe they come in two sizes, standard and
    oversized - no idea which you would need.

    Sheldon Brown http://sheldonbrown.com/tooltips/cotterless.html tells
    you how to use the tool.

    If you can't see threads, sorry I don't know what you need.

    Quoted message said:

    Plus - what other tool would I need to extract the bottom bracket?

    Maybe something like this? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=680

    But I don't know.

    I assume your first language isn't English, so have you tried taking
    the bike into a local bike shop and asking. You may not know what to
    ask for, but if you've got the bike there to point at, it shouldn't be
    too hard, and you can put any tool offered next to the bike to see if
    its likely to fit.

    Rob

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.