General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

racing plans/goals was training week Nov 7

Started by Parker Race · · Last activity · 3 posts · 254 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
11 November 2004
Last activity
12 November 2004
Original author
Parker Race
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
254
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Phil M." <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Leafing through rec.running, I read Parker Race's message of 09 Nov
    2004:

    Quoted message said:

    Sunday 26.2 mostly at long run pace 🙂
    Total: 50

    Goal races:
    Stockade-athon 15k November 14 - goal sub 1:06
    Troy Turkey Trot November 25 42 or better
    Hang Over Half January 1st - 1:32 or less

    You're a brave soul. After my marathon on 10/10, I won't even consider
    a
    race on 11/25.

    Quoted message said:

    This all goes back to ones training and recover rate. Each spring I do a
    50k and two to three weeks later a 50 mile. If two week apart I go easy
    for the first half of the 50k. If three weeks apart I race both. And I'm
    not alone, about 20 or so from the 50k show up at the 50.

    Quoted message said:

    I will agree that doing the Stockade-athon 15k with any pace after NY
    this weekend could be your unraveling. 😉

    Quoted message said:

    -Doug


    Well here's what the coach had to say ( excuse the caps):

    I CAN ONLY JUDGE BY THE WAY YOU LOOKED. YOU WERE NO WORSE FOR WEAR THAN IF
    YOU HAD JUST DONE A LONG RUN ON THE WEEKEND. YOUR FORM WAS SMOOTH (WELL NOT
    KARI, BUT FOR YOU) AND THERE WAS NO SIGNS OF YOU CATERING TO ANY AREA. I
    THINK THOSE TIMES ARE REASONABLE FOR YOU. LETS REMEMBER YOU RACED A
    MARATHON AND THEN DID A LONG RUN WHILE A MARATHON WAS GOING ON AROUND
    YOU.THE HARDEST OR MOST DIFFICULT TO HOLD WILL BE THE HALF. THE WEATHER
    COULD BE A MAJOR FACTOR. IT APPEARS THAT THE NEXT FEW WEEKS MAY BE COLD,
    BUT NONE OF THAT WHITE STUFF. THE SNOW NOT ONLY IS A PAIN TO RACE IN, IT
    HAS AN EFFECT UPON YOUR TRAINING.

    Parker

  2. "Parker Race" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Well here's what the coach had to say ( excuse the caps):

    I CAN ONLY JUDGE BY THE WAY YOU LOOKED. YOU WERE NO WORSE FOR WEAR
    THAN IF
    YOU HAD JUST DONE A LONG RUN ON THE WEEKEND. YOUR FORM WAS SMOOTH
    (WELL NOT
    KARI, BUT FOR YOU) AND THERE WAS NO SIGNS OF YOU CATERING TO ANY AREA.
    I
    THINK THOSE TIMES ARE REASONABLE FOR YOU. LETS REMEMBER YOU RACED A
    MARATHON AND THEN DID A LONG RUN WHILE A MARATHON WAS GOING ON AROUND
    YOU.THE HARDEST OR MOST DIFFICULT TO HOLD WILL BE THE HALF. THE
    WEATHER
    COULD BE A MAJOR FACTOR. IT APPEARS THAT THE NEXT FEW WEEKS MAY BE
    COLD,
    BUT NONE OF THAT WHITE STUFF. THE SNOW NOT ONLY IS A PAIN TO RACE IN,
    IT
    HAS AN EFFECT UPON YOUR TRAINING.

    You know your recovery better than anyone. You'll know when you go up
    the State street hill and turn into the park. I confess to being
    conservative and I question the reasonableness of doing the 15k after a
    week. Sure NYC was just a long run but these back to back efforts can
    take there toll. Can I trust a guy that only types in caps? 🙂 🙂

    Give it hell and I hope you do well.

    -DF

  3. "Doug Freese" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Parker Race" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    <snip>

    Quoted message said:


    You know your recovery better than anyone. You'll know when you go up
    the State street hill and turn into the park. I confess to being
    conservative and I question the reasonableness of doing the 15k after a
    week. Sure NYC was just a long run but these back to back efforts can
    take there toll. Can I trust a guy that only types in caps? 🙂 🙂

    Yes, he's technologically challenged, but he did run 2:19 in Boston once
    upon a time and his coaching produced 10 Marathon PRs at the local Marathon
    this year.

    Quoted message said:

    Give it hell and I hope you do well.

    Thanks!

    Quoted message said:


    -DF

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.