General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Public transport in Snowdonia

Started by Adam Lea · · Last activity · 3 posts · 612 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
8 August 2005
Last activity
9 August 2005
Original author
Adam Lea
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
612
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am off to North Wales on the bank holiday weekend and I'm hoping to leave
    the car at home. Does anyone here have any experience of public transport
    frequency/reliability in the Snowdon area and how useful it is for accessing
    the larger peaks (i.e the 3000ft+ ones)? I will be staying in Criccieth.

    Thanks

    Adam

  2. In article <<[email hidden]>,>
    Adam Lea ([email hidden]) says...

    Quoted message said:

    I am off to North Wales on the bank holiday weekend and I'm hoping to leave
    the car at home. Does anyone here have any experience of public transport
    frequency/reliability in the Snowdon area and how useful it is for accessing
    the larger peaks (i.e the 3000ft+ ones)? I will be staying in Criccieth.

    Good and reliable, though the base for things tends to be Bangor
    or Caernarfon as opposed to Criccieth (which doesn't actually seem
    to get many buses, thumbing through the timetable) - especially
    for the 3000s. Look at getting a Freedom of Wales Flexi Pass or
    similar, this may work out cheaper. If you've specific plans in
    mind post back, I'll have a look through for times, or perhaps
    have a look at
    <URL:http://www.gwynedd.gov.uk/gwy_doc.asp?cat=2567&doc=12522&Lang
    uage=1> or <URL:http://makeashorterlink.com/?C1723249B>

    --
    Stephan Bird MChem(Hons) AMRSC
    Currently in Caernarfon, Wales

  3. In message <[email hidden]>, Stephan
    Bird <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:

    In article <<[email hidden]>,>
    Adam Lea ([email hidden]) says...

    Quoted message said:

    I am off to North Wales on the bank holiday weekend and I'm hoping to leave
    the car at home. Does anyone here have any experience of public transport
    frequency/reliability in the Snowdon area and how useful it is for accessing
    the larger peaks (i.e the 3000ft+ ones)? I will be staying in Criccieth.

    Good and reliable, though the base for things tends to be Bangor
    or Caernarfon as opposed to Criccieth (which doesn't actually seem
    to get many buses, thumbing through the timetable) - especially
    for the 3000s. Look at getting a Freedom of Wales Flexi Pass or
    similar, this may work out cheaper. If you've specific plans in
    mind post back, I'll have a look through for times, or perhaps
    have a look at
    <URL:http://www.gwynedd.gov.uk/gwy_doc.asp?cat=2567&doc=12522&Lang
    uage=1> or <URL:http://makeashorterlink.com/?C1723249B>

    <http://www.acislive.com/pages/busnet.asp?SysId=17&SystemName=Gwynedd-Conwy>
    looks like a good attempt at a real-time online bus information system
    for the area. Though it does, perhaps, spend too many resources on
    looking pretty. Roll on cheap, reliable, light, mobile Internet access!
    --
    Goalie of the Century

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.