rec.bicycles.rides · Public discussion

Provence and Cote d'Azur 2004, trip report

Started by gianni · · Last activity · 5 posts · 591 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides
Published
14 October 2004
Last activity
16 October 2004
Original author
gianni
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
591
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I had a great time cycling 10 days in Provence including a fully
    loaded climb to Mt Ventoux. Full report is here.

    http://www.cyclingtheworld.org/tours/searchtours.php?continent=any&country=any&region=provence&submitted=TRUE

  2. Gianni Filippini said:

    I had a great time cycling 10 days in Provence including a fully
    loaded climb to Mt Ventoux. Full report is here.

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.cyclingtheworld.org/tours/searchtours.php?continent=any&country=any&region=provence&submitted=TRUE

    Great pictures and report. Thanks,

    Jobst Brandt
    [email hidden]

  3. "gianni" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I had a great time cycling 10 days in Provence including a fully
    loaded climb to Mt Ventoux. Full report is here.


    http://www.cyclingtheworld.org/tours/searchtours.php?continent=any&country=any&region=provence&submitted=TRUE

    Thanks. Interesting to read and with great photos. Mt. Ventoux wasn't on
    the Tour de France this year, I don't think. Are they always large groups of
    cyclists on it in good weather?

    --
    Mike Kruger
    The road to hell is now paved with PowerPoint presentations.

  4. Mike Kruger said:

    Are they always large groups of cyclists on it in good weather?

    Thanks Mike of course I cannot answer this we ought to ask one of the
    local riders. What I can say is that I was there on a friday beginning
    of October ( not high season although weather was still great ) and I
    was really impressed by the amount of people riding it. At the top
    there is a large parking lot with shops and it was jam packed of
    riders! It is a great climb and suggest all serious bikers going
    around that area to puff all the way up as it is really worth it.

  5. "Mike Kruger" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:1097897015.rcHxopZ5fCgP6m+i0/juNg@teranews:

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks. Interesting to read and with great photos. Mt. Ventoux
    wasn't on the Tour de France this year, I don't think. Are they
    always large groups of cyclists on it in good weather?


    I stayed nearby in Sablet for 2 weeks and we rode up Ventoux 4 times,
    each time there were lots of cyclists climbing it, in fact the top was
    like a small market with stands selling candy, drinks and souvenirs.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.