Health Nutrition and Supplements · Public discussion

Protruding FIbula after riding with coinciding hamstring/calf issues

Started by camo1902 · · Last activity · 4 posts · 2,338 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Health Nutrition and Supplements
Published
15 February 2013
Last activity
21 February 2013
Original author
camo1902
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,338
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all,

    Just wondering if anyone has had similar problems.

    Recently after a long ride, I discovered that the top of my fibula was protruding considerably. It caused some discomfort but nothing that I'd label as being seriously painful. After a couple of days it was still protruding but the pain had dulled and was barely noticeable. So I went for another ride and it happened again, but this time it was accompanied by a sore hamstring and calf within the vicinity of the area. Very frustrating problem. I have been resting and managing it for a couple of weeks. Last week I tried to get back into the swing of things, but it is seriously affecting all of my rides, runs and the weight training I do. It's caused a huge loss in power and every time I try and step up intensity I get pain in the area as well as the top of the calf and lower hamstring.

    I am going to see a physio this week about the issue.

    Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Any ideas on what I might be facing, and what the physio is likely to say? I am freaking out a little as I have a couple of races coming up that I am desperate to do. So frustrating!!!

    Have attached a pic, but it's not a great one.

    [IMG]cyclingforums.com700[/IMG]

  2. Hi you need a good bike fit & your technique looked at from the picture it looks a hamstring issue!

  3. You need to see a doctor and not a physio. Physios can't diagnose. Bike fitters can't diagnose. You can get the definitive answer just by seeing a doctor.

  4. Yes I'm a bike fitter that goes out with a surgeon and have been doing fittings for over 20 years! Go see a doctor then a good bike fitter that understands technique and postal imbalances.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.