Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

possible stress fractures in carbon

Started by HandyAndy · · Last activity · 3 posts · 991 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
28 March 2004
Last activity
29 March 2004
Original author
HandyAndy
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
991
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all.Unfortunately I had an accident with a car last week.A car reversed into me, buckling my front wheel and driving over the bottom of my crank, bending the 53 chainring.I'm concerned that the bike may have stress fractures now.It looks fine, but thinking of the pressure that must have gone on the frame(enough to bend a 53 tooth chainring enough so it couldnt turn) I'm concerned.FWIW its a colnago c40 with 04 dura ace(I know...I'm still crying!!!)

    Anyone have any ideas?

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Hi all.Unfortunately I had an accident with a car last week.A car reversed into me, buckling my front wheel and driving over the bottom of my crank, bending the 53 chainring.I'm concerned that the bike may have stress fractures now.It looks fine, but thinking of the pressure that must have gone on the frame(enough to bend a 53 tooth chainring enough so it couldnt turn) I'm concerned.FWIW its a colnago c40 with 04 dura ace(I know...I'm still crying!!!)

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Get an appraisal done by your LBS and make the driver give you a new frame paid by his insurance. Any crashed or carbon part should be discarded.

  3. It's nigh on impossible to detect stress fractures in carbon fibre without some very expensive equipment.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.