Cycling Training · Public discussion

Polar s725i or s720i?

Started by CampagnoloBora · · Last activity · 4 posts · 2,295 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
26 February 2005
Last activity
27 February 2005
Original author
CampagnoloBora
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,295
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I can get a Polar 725i for the same price as a 720i (Except I need to order the 725i from another province) Just wondering what experiences are with the 725?? I've done some research and the only things I can see different are:

    1) Plastic carbon fibre look to the 725 (Kinda cool looking)
    2) Set zones as a percent of max (No big deal)
    3) New chest transmitter (Anyone have experience with the new strap??)
    4) Nokia phone interface (Will NEVER use it)
    5) I see it has an ascent feature where you can check your ascent per lap... the software will tell you this anyway.

    So I guess the only feature that truly interests me is the new strap that comes with the unit, and the gimicky carbon face plate. And I guess wonderig if this means the 720i will be discontinued shortly??

    Can anyone tell me if the size of the 2 units are the same?? The 725 actually looks a little bigger in the pictures.

    Thanks

  2. CampagnoloBora said:

    I can get a Polar 725i for the same price as a 720i (Except I need to order the 725i from another province) Just wondering what experiences are with the 725?? I've done some research and the only things I can see different are:

    1) Plastic carbon fibre look to the 725 (Kinda cool looking)
    2) Set zones as a percent of max (No big deal)
    3) New chest transmitter (Anyone have experience with the new strap??)
    4) Nokia phone interface (Will NEVER use it)
    5) I see it has an ascent feature where you can check your ascent per lap... the software will tell you this anyway.

    So I guess the only feature that truly interests me is the new strap that comes with the unit, and the gimicky carbon face plate. And I guess wonderig if this means the 720i will be discontinued shortly??

    Can anyone tell me if the size of the 2 units are the same?? The 725 actually looks a little bigger in the pictures.

    Thanks


    That is pretty much the differences, except for # 5, as you can see ascent per lap on the 720 also and don't forget the extra $100 for the 725. Not sure about the size question, but I would be surprised if they weren't the same.

  3. I have a Nokia 5140 phone so that's why when the time came to replace my polar, I chose 725, with the wireless connection and seeing a graph of your exercise even before reaching home, is kinda nice. That's me though. 🙂 😉

  4. Well seeing how the 725 I can get is the same $ for the 720, I opted for the 725, the money I'll save not paying Provincial Tax ordering from out of province covers overnight delivery since I'm going on vacation in 3 weeks with my machine.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.