Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Plasma D.I.R.T. Rear Derailleur Compatibility

Started by rafael04 · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,141 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
18 May 2004
Last activity
19 May 2004
Original author
rafael04
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,141
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello all,

    I have a Plasma D.I.R.T. rear derailleur and I would like to know which shifters are best to use with it. Are the Plasma D.I.R.T. shifters the most compatible? Or would anyone recommend any of the newer shifters like the SRAM XO or Rockets?
    Also will the Plasma derailleur outperform an XT derailleur?
    Lastly, does anyone know if the Plasma front derailleur is any good. Do you think the rear derailleur would perform better if the front derailleur matches?

    Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

  2. I had a Plasma rear derailleur for a while.. it's a good derailleur, just quite fragile. It was designed to work best with a trigger shifter - not a 1.1 ratio. Use either a Shimano Rapid Fire or Dual Control lever or the new SRAM X.9 triggers.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.