General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Picked up the dress!

Started by Kristen · · Last activity · 5 posts · 271 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
1 March 2005
Last activity
2 March 2005
Original author
Kristen
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
271
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello all, well, my inspiration for finally getting back on track, you may
    remember, was to fit into the bridesmaid dress (that I ordered 2 sizes
    small) by May. Since I ordered it, I have dropped ~18lbs. Tried it on and
    still have a bit to go to be able to zip it up, but I do have at least 8
    weeks to go.
    However, I did have a wake up call yesterday when I was up 2lbs on the
    scale. I drank beer for the first time in years over the weekend. I now
    remember why I don't really miss it. I won't disgust you with the GI
    details, but it is safe to say that I won't be having beer again very soon.
    So, recommitting today to (true) induction levels, as there is no taking
    this dress back! And taking this opportunity to post for the robochallenge.

    Kristen
    239/222/175 monthly-goal: 8 month-start: 222 since: 01/01/2005

  2. Kristen said:

    Hello all, well, my inspiration for finally getting back on track,


    you may

    Quoted message said:

    remember, was to fit into the bridesmaid dress (that I ordered 2


    sizes

    Quoted message said:

    small) by May. Since I ordered it, I have dropped ~18lbs. Tried it


    on and

    Quoted message said:

    still have a bit to go to be able to zip it up, but I do have at


    least 8

    Quoted message said:

    weeks to go.
    However, I did have a wake up call yesterday when I was up 2lbs on


    the

    Quoted message said:

    scale. I drank beer for the first time in years over the weekend. I


    now

    Quoted message said:

    remember why I don't really miss it. I won't disgust you with the GI

    Quoted message said:

    details, but it is safe to say that I won't be having beer again very


    soon.

    Quoted message said:

    So, recommitting today to (true) induction levels, as there is no


    taking

    Quoted message said:

    this dress back! And taking this opportunity to post for the


    robochallenge.

    Quoted message said:


    Kristen
    239/222/175 monthly-goal: 8 month-start: 222 since: 01/01/2005

    Are you taking bets as to how much and what kind of food you'll be
    eating at the wedding once your "inspiration" has outlived its purpose?

  3. Kristen said:

    Hello all, well, my inspiration for finally getting back on track, you may
    remember, was to fit into the bridesmaid dress (that I ordered 2 sizes
    small) by May. Since I ordered it, I have dropped ~18lbs. Tried it on and
    still have a bit to go to be able to zip it up, but I do have at least 8
    weeks to go.
    However, I did have a wake up call yesterday when I was up 2lbs on the
    scale. I drank beer for the first time in years over the weekend. I now
    remember why I don't really miss it. I won't disgust you with the GI
    details, but it is safe to say that I won't be having beer again very soon.
    So, recommitting today to (true) induction levels, as there is no taking
    this dress back! And taking this opportunity to post for the robochallenge.

    Kristen
    239/222/175 monthly-goal: 8 month-start: 222 since: 01/01/2005


    Go out and run, run, run!

  4. "Xtile" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:1109715149.eaae9ccc27979fb19843765c1814fc87@teranews...

    Quoted message said:

    Go out and run, run, run!

    Isn't that funny, I actually decided for this morning workout to pass on the
    elliptical and get on the treadmill. I fast walked mostly, but jogged for
    an entire song and a half! The only problem is, my feet screech 'HEY FAT
    BROAD, GET OFF US!!!' lol I am hoping that as I lose my feet can
    tolerate higher impact activities like powerwalking and running. However, I
    do have to be careful, since my livelyhood depends heavily on my being able
    to walk (I'm a nurse).
    Kristen

  5. "warehouse" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Are you taking bets as to how much and what kind of food you'll be
    eating at the wedding once your "inspiration" has outlived its purpose?


    Taking bets? No. I am very sure that I will indulge in whatever is offered
    *at the wedding* and any activities surrounding it. The initial
    "inspiration" was to lose 40lbs by May. However that is not my final goal.
    I think that life is what happens while you are making the grand plan, so my
    focus isn't usually on the final point at the end of my weight loss journey,
    but on what is happening along the way. It is how I made it through college
    without driving myself nuts. Thanks for your input.
    Kristen

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.