rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Photos: Rocks seat cover

Started by KcTheAcy · · Last activity · 5 posts · 363 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
22 December 2004
Last activity
23 December 2004
Original author
KcTheAcy
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
363
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I took some photos of my seat cover I got from Darren. I really like
    this cover, it is fairly easy to get on, it is easy to get sung and
    stays tight. I love it!
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery here is one of
    the many that are in my gallery.

    There are better ones in the gallery.

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: my_uni_pics_054.sized.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/258164|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

    --Kaycee
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37014

  2. Im glad that you are happy with it.

    I bought a "Gemcrest" leather cover, and I think my cover aint that
    good. I like the high capacity and other attributes, however, I have had
    to put 5 patches on it so far. Pretty soon I will have a completely
    double walled seat cover. I have been using the material from a black
    vinal bag and liquid nails. I put the patches on the inside.
    I originally bought it with the hopes of higher durability, but I dont
    really think that my cover is durable.

    Please update us on that cover later (to let us know how it holds up).

    --
    ChangingLINKS.com - member

    Wishing you Happiness, Joy and Laughter,
    Drew Brown
    http://www.ChangingLINKS.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37014

  3. ChangingLINKS.com said:

    *Im glad that you are happy with it.

    I bought a "Gemcrest" leather cover, and I think my cover aint that
    good. I like the high capacity and other attributes, however, I have
    had to put 5 patches on it so far. Pretty soon I will have a
    completely double walled seat cover. I have been using the material
    from a black vinal bag and liquid nails. I put the patches on the
    inside.
    I originally bought it with the hopes of higher durability, but I dont
    really think that my cover is durable.

    Please update us on that cover later (to let us know how it holds up).
    *

    How long have you had your gemcrest leather cover?

    --
    mango - unity - as 1 stand together

    http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv16

    "Yeah, well, he gives me presents, so I care not if he's the devil."
    -James_Potter
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37014

  4. here is my own home made leather cover
    easy to make
    it proved to be strong

    bear

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: detail-selle.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/258379|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    wobbling bear - GranPa goes-a-wobblin'

    -Einradfreude- por los Munificent
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37014

  5. mango said:

    *How long have you had your gemcrest leather cover? *

    I have had it for more than 90 days now (I think).
    However, it started having problems as early as 3 weeks.

    1. It started to tear along the lower edge.
    2. It then started to tear along the sides in the center!
    3. Also it tore on the back corner of each seat.

    #1 and #3 are understandable, however, #2 shows that it can tear simply
    from bending due to normal riding.

    --
    ChangingLINKS.com - member

    Wishing you Happiness, Joy and Laughter,
    Drew Brown
    http://www.ChangingLINKS.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37014

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.