General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

OT:What is it about the steam room?

Started by Pat · · Last activity · 1 post · 476 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
8 November 2007
Last activity
8 November 2007
Original author
Pat
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
476
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Over my many years of swimming, every pool has been next to a sauna room and
    a steam room. I have noticed countless really fat people going into the
    steam room. One guy in particular (that is between 350-450 pounds) does
    nothing at the gym BUT the steam room. A few years ago, I tried it myself.
    I couldn't find anything redeeming in it and only managed to stay about 5
    minutes.

    So, in nearly 10 years, this particular guy hasn't lost a pound and yet he
    faithfully sits in the steam room every time I go to swim. Another guy of
    about 400 pounds went in on Tuesday and sat for 5 minutes and came out. He
    "rested" and then went back for another 5 minutes. He did this about 6
    times. I was swimming laps at the time.

    Once, a guy told me that the steam room "melted away the fat" and he
    believed it! I wanted to "invite" him to come in the pool and at least walk
    up and down, but when I stopped to say it, he ducked inside the steam room
    to "melt" more fat....

    Pat in TX

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.