General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

OT -- Spawn Attains the Lofty Age of 9!

Started by The Ranger · · Last activity · 5 posts · 250 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
24 August 2007
Last activity
25 August 2007
Original author
The Ranger
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
250
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Those moments of bent reality where Spawn's sheer existence, her
    very soul, was in question this past year have grown further
    apart. She's a resilient little sprite and clearly clever beyond
    her years. As a result, Vegas Odds makers lost a wad yet again.

    I awoke quickly. Eyes wide and energy driving my limbs into
    motion, I flipped the covers to the bed back and silently wove my
    way through the darkened halls and over creaking stairs. I checked
    my watch: 0257. "Lots of time," I grumbled.

    I waited outside her room quietly waiting as my watch beeped its
    am zenith.

    I flicked the light and bellowed... "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

    Spawn shot up blearily staring at me, "I'm awake. I'm awake..."

    "I see you are! By the way, hippo birdie."

    "'Hippo birdie?' I'm not a hippo or a birdie!"

    "How about a song then?"

    "Okay."

    "Happy birthday to you.
    You live in a zoo.
    You look like a monkey
    Hair all wild,
    And, worse,
    you smell like one too."

    "You keep changing it. I still like it! Can we sing it at my real
    birthday tonight?"

    "Mom-mom and Pah-puh don't appreciate my humor. Mommy definitely
    doesn't..." I grinned.

    "It's my birthday! She can lump it," she grinned back. "Love you.
    G'night."

    Happy birthday again Spawn. It's been a ride.

    The Ranger

  2. The Ranger said:


    Those moments of bent reality where Spawn's sheer existence, her
    very soul, was in question this past year have grown further
    apart. She's a resilient little sprite and clearly clever beyond
    her years. As a result, Vegas Odds makers lost a wad yet again.

    I awoke quickly. Eyes wide and energy driving my limbs into
    motion, I flipped the covers to the bed back and silently wove my
    way through the darkened halls and over creaking stairs. I checked
    my watch: 0257. "Lots of time," I grumbled.

    I waited outside her room quietly waiting as my watch beeped its
    am zenith.

    I flicked the light and bellowed... "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

    Spawn shot up blearily staring at me, "I'm awake. I'm awake..."

    "I see you are! By the way, hippo birdie."

    "'Hippo birdie?' I'm not a hippo or a birdie!"

    "How about a song then?"

    "Okay."

    "Happy birthday to you.
    You live in a zoo.
    You look like a monkey
    Hair all wild,
    And, worse,
    you smell like one too."

    "You keep changing it. I still like it! Can we sing it at my real
    birthday tonight?"

    "Mom-mom and Pah-puh don't appreciate my humor. Mommy definitely
    doesn't..." I grinned.

    "It's my birthday! She can lump it," she grinned back. "Love you.
    G'night."

    Happy birthday again Spawn. It's been a ride.

    The Ranger

    Many returns of the day to Spawn - may she haunt you ever more ;>

    Sky

    --
    Ultra Ultimate Kitchen Rule - Use the Timer!
    Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice

  3. "The Ranger" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Happy birthday again Spawn. It's been a ride.

    The Ranger

    Well, I for one appreciate you humor.

    And those that don't can lump it.

    MJB

  4. The Ranger said:

    Those moments of bent reality where Spawn's sheer existence, her
    very soul, was in question this past year have grown further
    apart. She's a resilient little sprite and clearly clever beyond
    her years. As a result, Vegas Odds makers lost a wad yet again.

    I awoke quickly. Eyes wide and energy driving my limbs into
    motion, I flipped the covers to the bed back and silently wove my
    way through the darkened halls and over creaking stairs. I checked
    my watch: 0257. "Lots of time," I grumbled.

    I waited outside her room quietly waiting as my watch beeped its
    am zenith.

    I flicked the light and bellowed... "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

    Spawn shot up blearily staring at me, "I'm awake. I'm awake..."

    "I see you are! By the way, hippo birdie."

    "'Hippo birdie?' I'm not a hippo or a birdie!"

    "How about a song then?"

    "Okay."

    "Happy birthday to you.
    You live in a zoo.
    You look like a monkey
    Hair all wild,
    And, worse,
    you smell like one too."

    "You keep changing it. I still like it! Can we sing it at my real
    birthday tonight?"

    "Mom-mom and Pah-puh don't appreciate my humor. Mommy definitely
    doesn't..." I grinned.

    "It's my birthday! She can lump it," she grinned back. "Love you.
    G'night."

    Happy birthday again Spawn. It's been a ride.

    The Ranger

    Happy Birthday and thank you for the post. Nine is a wonderful age.
    Once a girl is 10, life becomes difficult. And you will suffer with
    her, or perhaps you do already.

  5. On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 17:29:39 -0600, "MJB" <[email hidden]>
    rummaged among random neurons and opined:

    Quoted message said:


    "The Ranger" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Happy birthday again Spawn. It's been a ride.

    The Ranger

    Well, I for one appreciate you humor.

    And those that don't can lump it.

    Double ditto. The Ranger's posts often nudge a memory loose of a scene
    from my own kids' growing up. Both the post and the memory draw a
    smile.

    OB: The DH has been on a business trip to Chicago the last few days
    and is going to be treated to one of his favorite dinners upon his
    return tomorrow night - plain old southern fried chicken with
    appropriate accompaniments, buttermilk biscuits, corn on the cob,
    creamed spinach and peach pie.

    Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

    --
    "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as
    old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had been as full as the
    waitress's, it would have been a very good dinner."

    -- Duncan Hines

    To reply, replace "spaminator" with "cox"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.