General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

OT - Sort of - Crying over Spilt Milk

Started by Lisa Ann · · Last activity · 4 posts · 464 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
20 January 2006
Last activity
21 January 2006
Original author
Lisa Ann
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
464
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. From Fark.com...

    http://wcco.com/watercooler/local_story_019145409.html

    I just wonder why this was considered a Hazmat situation...

    Lisa Ann

  2. Lisa Ann said:

    From Fark.com...

    http://wcco.com/watercooler/local_story_019145409.html

    I just wonder why this was considered a Hazmat situation...

    Me too. I used to work in commercial motor vehicle enforcement
    and taught the course on Dangerous Goods. Milk is not on the
    list of dangerous goods. I did a little net surfing and found
    a site that said that when spilled in large quantities it kills
    insects, but not the mosquitoes that carry yellow fever.
    WTF?

  3. On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 22:29:57 GMT, "Lisa Ann" <[email hidden]>
    connected the dots and wrote:

    ~From Fark.com...
    ~
    ~http://wcco.com/watercooler/local_story_019145409.html
    ~
    ~I just wonder why this was considered a Hazmat situation...
    ~
    ~Lisa Ann
    ~
    Couple of possibilities: it's a foreign substance to the waters,
    polluting them until thoroughly diluted.

    Think of what it would smell like after a while at above freezing
    temperatures. Air pollution.

    Dunno their reason.

    maxine in ri

  4. "Lisa Ann" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    From Fark.com...

    http://wcco.com/watercooler/local_story_019145409.html

    I just wonder why this was considered a Hazmat situation...

    Lisa Ann

    I started giggling when I went to this web site. My Internet Explorer title
    bar truncated the headline to "Milk Spill Floods Wino". I've known some
    winos who would consider milk a hazardous material. :-D

    Karen

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.