UK and Europe · Public discussion

OT: Couldn't be a journo!

Started by Simon Mason · · Last activity · 3 posts · 473 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
21 March 2004
Last activity
21 March 2004
Original author
Simon Mason
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
473
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. With apologies to ex-journo Dave Kenning of this group, here is a piece from
    our work's mag regarding the rather amateurish videos I make for showing to
    my work mates shown here:
    simonmason.karoo.netpage463.htm

    I told the journo one headmaster showed interest in them
    (in this NG as it happens) and I got an e-mail from
    Zeppotron, a subsidiary of Endemol and they write this tosh
    :-) simonmason.karoo.netpage475.htm

    Note the plastic Pasteur pipette and spatula in the top
    pocket and as well as having to wear those glasses in the
    lab, I find them just the job for cycling in as well. In
    fact, yesterday a ten year old girl decided it would be a
    laugh to throw her old hard chewing gum in my face and it
    just bounced of the glasses.

    Still, don't laugh - the gaffers love this sort of thing
    and I got a nice little rocket in my pocket for my efforts
    at bonus time and got a new road bike on the strength of
    it. So it was all worthwhile in the end. Then the council
    tax and water bill arrived :-(

    --
    Simon Mason Anlaby East Yorkshire. 53°44'N 0°26'W
    simonmason.karoo.netsimonmason.karoo.net

  2. Simon Mason said:

    Still, don't laugh - the gaffers love this sort of thing
    and I got a nice little rocket in my pocket for my
    efforts at bonus time and got a new road bike on the
    strength of it. So it was all worthwhile in the end.

    Good on ya! I wish my employer would pay more attention to
    this kind of thing.

    Simon

  3. On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 13:41:09 -0000, "Simon Mason"
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    <[email hidden]>:

    Quoted message said:

    Still, don't laugh - the gaffers love this sort of thing
    and I got a nice little rocket in my pocket for my
    efforts at bonus time and got a new road bike on the
    strength of it.

    Spot-on. I hope that I, too, am working for a Proper Firm
    now, as they are starting to talk about bonus criteria...

    --
    Guy
    ===
    May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after
    posting. chapmancentral.co.ukchapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
    Washington University

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.