General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Onderwerp:Re: atkins - question about health problems

Started by Jopie · · Last activity · 3 posts · 288 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
21 September 2004
Last activity
23 September 2004
Original author
Jopie
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
288
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. hi group,
    sorry i was not there to thank and respond, computers down a bit, family
    gatherings a bit, etc.
    I so appreciate everyone jumping in and responding to my entry, yes i am
    European, living in the netherlands, little support here for Atkins or other
    low carb programs. My husband and I started doing this together, he was
    familiar with it, I not. Only tried WW for a brief moment last year, never
    ever had the word diet in my vocabulary before, not ever needed.
    We serioulsy did Induction, and after that I was the stickler on
    as-low-as-carb-as-we-can-make-it, whereas my husband rather soon introduced
    some carbs. But again: good stuff: wonderful wholemeal flours from the
    wind/mills here in Holland or in England. We actually do go to a working
    windmill for our flours! Great bread that yes indeed: delicious totally dry.
    A far cry from those ricecakes...
    On Atkins we enjoyed lots of delicious summer vegtables and made Greek type
    salads.
    Because of my personal concerns I switched one and a half weeks ago away
    from low-carb and within about one day lost this horrendous fatigue I had
    been suffering from. I found it rather remarkable that it was an immediate
    change.
    I am now doing a no-fat 5 days x 3 week session (weekends can be 'normal"😉
    on a no-fat diet from a hospital here in Holland. Yoghurt, fruit, toast,
    fruit (eaten separately from meals) a little meat or egg.
    I have lost a couple of kilos on this, want to come down another 8 kilo and
    then stabalize. This diet has a one-day-a-week diet day for maintenance: AM:
    lemonwater, lunch: 1 appel, one good toast, Dinner: one tomatoe, 1 egg, one
    toast.
    Oh yes, and I am starting Callanetics (wanted to do that for years now),
    exercice 15 min in the morning with a good TV prog.

    thanks again, will follow the list and learn from it

    jopie (not a troll, not a gnome, just forever learning )

  2. Hello Jopie - I am also in the Netherlands, and you're right, there isn't a
    lot of support here. Most people probably think I'm crazy if they see my
    shopping basket at Albert Heijn (NL version of Safeway). I'm an American
    living here for a couple of years, here with my husband's work.

    Quoted message said:

    Because of my personal concerns I switched one and a half weeks ago away
    from low-carb and within about one day lost this horrendous fatigue I had
    been suffering from. I found it rather remarkable that it was an immediate
    change.

    Lots of people experience this same thing during Induction - sometimes
    called the "Induction Flu". I felt terrible and had such headaches - but
    they were gone after a few days, then I started feeling GREAT. In the
    Atkins New Diet Revolution Book, Dr. Atkins says that the sick feeling
    during Induction is a good sign that you will benefit greatly from cutting
    carbs. But you have to stay low-carb to get past it.

    Quoted message said:

    I am now doing a no-fat 5 days x 3 week session (weekends can be
    'normal"😉
    on a no-fat diet from a hospital here in Holland. Yoghurt, fruit, toast,
    fruit (eaten separately from meals) a little meat or egg.

    Good for you if this works for you - but this is a low-carb newsgroup, and
    you aren't going to get a lot of support from the folks here if you're
    eating a lot of toast and fruit!

    Also - have you carefully read one of the Atkins books? I think it might
    help you at this point, if you are interested in eating low-carb. And it is
    possible to stay low-carb in Holland! 🙂

    S t a c i

  3. thanks Staci for your response.
    I did read one of the books, kept is as a bible on the kitchen table also as
    a constant reference point, which was very handy.
    Albert Heijn btw is the most expensive of the supermarkets here in Holland.
    But with the economy stressed as people taking their euro's to less
    expensive markets, they have had to start cutting prices.
    There are lots of people though who would not be caught dead in a
    "lesser"supermarket... Still a long way to go..

    I'm in haarlem btw, and you?
    regards
    jopie

    "S t a c i" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello Jopie - I am also in the Netherlands, and you're right, there isn't


    a

    Quoted message said:

    lot of support here. Most people probably think I'm crazy if they see my
    shopping basket at Albert Heijn (NL version of Safeway). I'm an American
    living here for a couple of years, here with my husband's work.

    Quoted message said:

    Because of my personal concerns I switched one and a half weeks ago away
    from low-carb and within about one day lost this horrendous fatigue I


    had

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    been suffering from. I found it rather remarkable that it was an


    immediate

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    change.

    Lots of people experience this same thing during Induction - sometimes
    called the "Induction Flu". I felt terrible and had such headaches - but
    they were gone after a few days, then I started feeling GREAT. In the
    Atkins New Diet Revolution Book, Dr. Atkins says that the sick feeling
    during Induction is a good sign that you will benefit greatly from cutting
    carbs. But you have to stay low-carb to get past it.

    Quoted message said:

    I am now doing a no-fat 5 days x 3 week session (weekends can be
    'normal"😉
    on a no-fat diet from a hospital here in Holland. Yoghurt, fruit, toast,
    fruit (eaten separately from meals) a little meat or egg.

    Good for you if this works for you - but this is a low-carb newsgroup, and
    you aren't going to get a lot of support from the folks here if you're
    eating a lot of toast and fruit!

    Also - have you carefully read one of the Atkins books? I think it might
    help you at this point, if you are interested in eating low-carb. And it


    is

    Quoted message said:

    possible to stay low-carb in Holland! 🙂

    S t a c i

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.