General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

OMG. The best spinach salad ever. (recipe)

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 3 posts · 842 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
11 March 2005
Last activity
12 March 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
842
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I made this the other day, and just can't stop eating it.

    The Saladgasm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    What you need (two servings):

    About two cups of baby spinach.

    Half cup of basil leaves, finely chopped.

    Quarter to half a cup of feta (depending on taste). Fresh sheep's milk
    Israeli feta is what I used. Not the crumbled stuff.

    A bit of finely chopped red onion.

    Diced tomato. As red as possible. I like the vine-ripened ones.

    Sprinkle of pine nuts.

    Some sliced pepperoncini, if liked.
    Kalamata olives, if liked.

    Toss all of this in a bowl (it's a salad, not rocket science) with
    olive oil and lemon juice and a sprinkle of thyme. It's basically a
    spinach salad prepared "Greek style".

    Really good topped with cut-up chicken breast for a low carb lunch. I
    get the cooked chicken breast strips from Trader Joe's and just heat
    them.

  2. Sounds vile!

    Quoted message said:

    I made this the other day, and just can't stop eating it.

    The Saladgasm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    What you need (two servings):

    About two cups of baby spinach.

    Half cup of basil leaves, finely chopped.

    Quarter to half a cup of feta (depending on taste). Fresh sheep's milk
    Israeli feta is what I used. Not the crumbled stuff.

    A bit of finely chopped red onion.

    Diced tomato. As red as possible. I like the vine-ripened ones.

    Sprinkle of pine nuts.

    Some sliced pepperoncini, if liked.
    Kalamata olives, if liked.

    Toss all of this in a bowl (it's a salad, not rocket science) with
    olive oil and lemon juice and a sprinkle of thyme. It's basically a
    spinach salad prepared "Greek style".

    Really good topped with cut-up chicken breast for a low carb lunch. I
    get the cooked chicken breast strips from Trader Joe's and just heat
    them.

  3. Sounds great...I'll be trying it today!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.