OLN - Cutters are toast?

Mark Janeba

Guest
Hmmm... maybe all the *****ing did some good -

Today at the time for the "Roadside Tour" (which used to feature the
obnoxious "Cutters"), I checked to see if the show had toned down any.

In fact, after 40 min of direct racing coverage by Phil & Paul
exclusively, I concluded the Cutters were history. Checked OLN's
website - can't find any evidence the "Cutters" ever existed.

Sorry to cheer someone's axing, even those guys, but it (getting rid of
them) had to be done. Glad it was.

Hard to believe it possible, but OLN's coverage just got even better.

Mark Janeba

"Mark Janeba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hmmm... maybe all the *****ing did some good -
>
> Today at the time for the "Roadside Tour" (which used to feature the
> obnoxious "Cutters"), I checked to see if the show had toned down any.
>
> In fact, after 40 min of direct racing coverage by Phil & Paul
> exclusively, I concluded the Cutters were history. Checked OLN's
> website - can't find any evidence the "Cutters" ever existed.
>
> Sorry to cheer someone's axing, even those guys, but it (getting rid of
> them) had to be done. Glad it was.
>
> Hard to believe it possible, but OLN's coverage just got even better.
>
> Mark Janeba

The true "cutters" were the quarrymen of Bloomington, Indiana. Second to
that, was Dave Stoller and company. I hated to see the "Cutter" name fouled
by those idiots on OLN and I was very glad to note, as you did this
afternoon, that they were gone. I wonder how they're gonna pay their way
home now?

Bob C.

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Mark Janeba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Hmmm... maybe all the *****ing did some good -
> >
> > Today at the time for the "Roadside Tour" (which used to feature the
> > obnoxious "Cutters"), I checked to see if the show had toned down any.
> >
> > In fact, after 40 min of direct racing coverage by Phil & Paul
> > exclusively, I concluded the Cutters were history. Checked OLN's
> > website - can't find any evidence the "Cutters" ever existed.
> >
> > Sorry to cheer someone's axing, even those guys, but it (getting rid of
> > them) had to be done. Glad it was.
> >
> > Hard to believe it possible, but OLN's coverage just got even better.
> >
> > Mark Janeba
> >

> The true "cutters" were the quarrymen of Bloomington, Indiana. Second to
> that, was Dave Stoller and company. I hated to see the "Cutter" name fouled
> by those idiots on OLN and I was very glad to note, as you did this
> afternoon, that they were gone. I wonder how they're gonna pay their way
> home now?
>
> Bob C.

Dave Stoller was way too skinny to keep up with the Italians.

M.

psycholist wrote:
> The true "cutters" were the quarrymen of Bloomington, Indiana.
> Second to that, was Dave Stoller and company. I hated to see the
> "Cutter" name fouled by those idiots on OLN and I was very glad to
> note, as you did this afternoon, that they were gone. I wonder how
> they're gonna pay their way home now?

Hopefully they won't. :)

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> The true "cutters" were the quarrymen of Bloomington, Indiana. Second
> to that, was Dave Stoller and company. I hated to see the "Cutter" name
> fouled by those idiots on OLN and I was very glad to note, as you did
> this afternoon, that they were gone. I wonder how they're gonna pay
> their way home now?
>
> Bob C.

LOL... you're sooo right.

- Boyd S. ... swam in that same quarry in his younger years

unfortunately, no doubt the French will happily come up with ANY funds
needed to get them on a flight out of the country. I saw a couple of clips
last week and had to hit the mute button. Hmm....maybe the French can tie
them up and toss them in the hold of some nasty old freighter that will take
a while to get here....

I was really disappointed in Hans Reys appearances, too. I loved to watch
him ride and dug the Inca Trail adventure he did a few years back on OLN.
The two clips I saw of him on the tour this year were as hard to watch as
the cutters were...

I think we should nominate some rbr regs to replace the cutters next year.
Gotta be funnier.

"Boyd Speerschneider" <bspeerscREMOVE_ME@ME_TOOyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > The true "cutters" were the quarrymen of Bloomington, Indiana. Second
> > to that, was Dave Stoller and company. I hated to see the "Cutter" name
> > fouled by those idiots on OLN and I was very glad to note, as you did
> > this afternoon, that they were gone. I wonder how they're gonna pay
> > their way home now?
> >
> > Bob C.

> LOL... you're sooo right.
>
> - Boyd S. ... swam in that same quarry in his younger years

"Boyd Speerschneider" <bspeerscREMOVE_ME@ME_TOOyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > The true "cutters" were the quarrymen of Bloomington, Indiana. Second
> > to that, was Dave Stoller and company. I hated to see the "Cutter" name
> > fouled by those idiots on OLN and I was very glad to note, as you did
> > this afternoon, that they were gone. I wonder how they're gonna pay
> > their way home now?
> >
> > Bob C.

> LOL... you're sooo right.
>
> - Boyd S. ... swam in that same quarry in his younger years

Were you an IU student? I finished grad school there in '79. I was in the
stands during the filming of the Little 500 scene. Forgive me if we've
covered this ground before. As you can see by the graduation date, I'm
getting up there in years and I can't remember who I've told what anymore.

Bob C.

"ie" <[email protected]> writes:

> unfortunately, no doubt the French will happily come up with ANY funds
> needed to get them on a flight out of the country.

Right. If ya only got enuf brass to send half the Cutterz home, consider
sending all of them half way.