General fitness, health and nutrition ยท Public discussion

nyny not too bad

Started by Lesanne ยท ยท Last activity ยท 137 posts ยท 3,054 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
27 December 2003
Last activity
27 December 2003
Original author
Lesanne
Posts
137
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,054
Views / 30 days
10

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 81โ€“100 of 137
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Kristin said:

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Here's one hint - I have a friend who is 63 and he can hike me into the ground. And another who
    is over 70 and can, at least, keep up.

    Actually, I believe that I have mentioned my age before in some thread long ago and far away.

    ha HA!

    Well, I have a few hiking buddies that are in the 60's and one is

    Quoted message said:

    close to 80 but I really do think genetics plays a role in folks that age still hiking the
    dickens out of me. Both are in what we call Mountain Rescue and go to help hikers/climbers who
    have gotten lost or injured. They are incredibly fit. I'm 56+ and do okay for a pudge but nothing
    like them. Even in my good days!

    I did a google search... ๐Ÿ˜‰ This was in Joyce's "goal" thread from February. Sorry Fred! ๐Ÿ™‚

    great sleuthing Kristin! I knew I liked Fred for some reason ... is the same age as hub (I love
    older men!). Dang - you think that alone would have made me remember the age. <grin>

    Joyce

  2. You have pictured the idylic nature of winter camping - very pure and very quiet.

    I hope you can bring some of that serenity to whatever is happening. Vacations from caregiving are
    mandatory - I recall spelling my dad for a week and did not know how he did it as long as he did. It
    was also when my sister and I made the decision that dad needed full relief or he would die first -
    it was that simple. Best

    Lesanne said:

    Oh the bliss envisioned by a mental picture of me, the tent, the space, the silence, the Lack of
    anyone, anywhere..... We are having some trouble in paradise here with my daughter that has me a
    bit freaked. I so want to run away from home. I gotta find some help with the home caregiving thing
    so I can take off once in a while, or things are going to be not good here.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Okay. Be that way. Happy camper, huh - try snow camping (G)

    Chaos - hope you get it under control.

    Fred

    Lesanne said:

    I don't want no blinkin gifts buddy.... Snarl. (how was that?) you do know of course that if I
    get to Jan 1, under 164 I am a total happy


    camper?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    But It would be nice to have some space. But heck, things are a little chaotic here in humid
    land, I dunno what will transpire.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Well, this morning was not as good as hoped.
    >
    > But you really have a great chance in about two weeks - we have our work "employee recognition
    > breakfast" early the morning of WI. I will be dressed in jacket, tie, slacks, etc and will
    > have breakfast and then head to WI! Not a great situtation unless I can sit with 300 others
    > eating breakfast and NOT eat breakfast!
    >
    > But maybe it is time to just let you have it as I would really hate to be the one to drive you
    > to desparation. Besides, some others are now giving you a run for the money.
    >
    > On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:45:52 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >Ah haha. You better be prepared to weigh in shorts I am having a very
    good
    > >week over here.
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:54:18 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >What did you do with your NEW body while you were rollin around in


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >snow
    > >> >with the OLD one? Or whats her name? would be the other smart a
    comment
    > >to
    > >>
    > >> Ah, the ol' "I did not wake up grumpy, I let her sleep!" (G)
    > >>
    > >> Actually, the new body must be in pretty good shape - I remember


    doing

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> this trip last year and struggling a bit more. I was surprised at


    how

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> early it was when I stopped for my SECOND lunch (G) Leaving on


    these

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> trips early - one tends to snack somewhere around 10am with the


    first

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> lunch and then eat again around noon.
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> >that one. I am on a major roll this week feeling SOOOO renewed


    after

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >living
    > >> >through turkey day and ending up with my scale saying 159 again. I


    am

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >gonna
    > >> >be hard to beat this week, unless you kept some of your fabulous
    recent
    > >> >loss.........
    > >>
    > >> I do hope I can disappoint you!!! I seem to be holding reasonably well (fingers crossed).
    > >> Maybe thanksgiving and awful pies helps!!!
    > >> (G)
    > >>
    > >> But clearly this means that I cannot weighin in full regalia. It


    will

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> be your fault as I shiver in shorts. (g)
    > >>
    > >> >La ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚
    > >> >
    > >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> Well, ahem, within reason. (G)
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Dragged the OLD body out on a snowshoe trip yesterday. Glorious


    in

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> the mountains but the snow was definitely not my definition of skiable.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:58:06 +1300, Erin Marsh


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:34:57 -0800, Fred
    <[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >wrote:
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >>Okay, that is it!!!! (G)
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >Aw, c'mon Fred. Admit it, you're loving the attention ;-)
    > >> >>
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >
    >


  3. Oh, hoping for an inheritance? (gd&r)

    Sorry but I just purchased cross-country ski set number 15, I think!
    (G) Now I need some new bindings for them.....

    Lesanne said:

    There is THAT. or THOSE. Legs, that is...... Tell you what though, from the advanced age of 55,
    since I do also love "older" men, Fred is probably too young for me.....

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    hehehe - and we've seen the *leg* pics to prove that point!

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    GAAHHH. Quit teasing, I refuse to google it. And I have parttimers,


    which

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    is one reason I cleaned up the diet, hoping not to progress to


    Alzheimers...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Just spit it out, how old can you be? And don't think that your age will protect you, men tend
    to improve with


    age

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you know......

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Here's one hint - I have a friend who is 63 and he can hike me into the ground. And another
    > who is over 70 and can, at least, keep up.
    >
    > Actually, I believe that I have mentioned my age before in some thread long ago and far away.
    >
    > On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:47:31 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >hmmm the Fifth decade, or could you actually BE old, like 70 or
    something.
    > >Somehow I doubt it, you are too lively, although I did have a friend


    who

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was
    > >a tennis terror at 85.
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> I guess it is time to resort to court stuff again - I plead the


    Fifth.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>
    > >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:56:55 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >So how old are you Fred? You don't Look old. You better be older
    than I
    > >am
    > >> >if you are out there referring to yourself as OLD. Watch it now.
    > >> >
    > >> >La
    > >> >
    > >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> Well, ahem, within reason. (G)
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Dragged the OLD body out on a snowshoe trip yesterday. Glorious


    in

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> the mountains but the snow was definitely not my definition of skiable.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:58:06 +1300, Erin Marsh


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:34:57 -0800, Fred
    <[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >wrote:
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >>Okay, that is it!!!! (G)
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >Aw, c'mon Fred. Admit it, you're loving the attention ;-)
    > >> >>
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >
    >


  4. Dang google.

    You and Lesanne are quite a pair!!!!

    Joyce said:
    Kristin said:

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Here's one hint - I have a friend who is 63 and he can hike me into the ground. And another who
    is over 70 and can, at least, keep up.

    Actually, I believe that I have mentioned my age before in some thread long ago and far away.

    ha HA!

    Well, I have a few hiking buddies that are in the 60's and one is

    Quoted message said:

    close to 80 but I really do think genetics plays a role in folks that age still hiking the
    dickens out of me. Both are in what we call Mountain Rescue and go to help hikers/climbers who
    have gotten lost or injured. They are incredibly fit. I'm 56+ and do okay for a pudge but
    nothing like them. Even in my good days!

    I did a google search... ๐Ÿ˜‰ This was in Joyce's "goal" thread from February. Sorry Fred! ๐Ÿ™‚

    great sleuthing Kristin! I knew I liked Fred for some reason ... is the same age as hub (I love
    older men!). Dang - you think that alone would have made me remember the age. <grin>

    Joyce

  5. Couldn't do your own research, huh.

    The truth is revealed nearly.

    I shall be up a bit, I fear in a bit over and hour. But a bit for Thanksgiving week ain't bad.

    The question is do I take the second wardrobe and provide a control for next week's up week with
    more clothes???

    Lesanne said:

    Hey thanks Kristin, now that I know he is older than I am, the whole deal takes on a new light. I
    should probably let him stay a pound or two under me, respect for your elders and all...
    ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

    "Kristin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Here's one hint - I have a friend who is 63 and he can hike me into the ground. And another who
    is over 70 and can, at least, keep up.

    Actually, I believe that I have mentioned my age before in some thread long ago and far away.

    ha HA!

    Well, I have a few hiking buddies that are in the 60's and one is

    Quoted message said:

    close to 80 but I really do think genetics plays a role in folks that age still hiking the
    dickens out of me. Both are in what we call Mountain Rescue and go to help hikers/climbers who
    have gotten lost or injured. They are incredibly fit. I'm 56+ and do okay for a pudge but
    nothing like them. Even in my good days!

    I did a google search... ๐Ÿ˜‰ This was in Joyce's "goal" thread from February. Sorry Fred! ๐Ÿ™‚

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/238/172

    Here's our FAQ: didian.comasdww and welcome notice:
    geocities.comindex.html


  6. It is very true. I have some very young "old" friends.

    Joyce said:

    Isn't it funny how are perception of *old* becomes different through the years? <grin>

    Joyce

    Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\) said:

    Hey, watch it there! We'uns who are getting close to 70 don't consider that OLD!!!!!!!
    --
    Donna in Idaho! Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator Website: donnakwilts.tripod.comdonnakwilts.tripod.com
    The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

    Remove ".remove.invalid" to reply

    "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    hmmm the Fifth decade, or could you actually BE old, like 70 or something. Somehow I doubt it,
    you are too lively, although I did have a friend who


    was

    Quoted message said:

    a tennis terror at 85.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > I guess it is time to resort to court stuff again - I plead the Fifth.
    >
    > On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:56:55 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >So how old are you Fred? You don't Look old. You better be older than


    I

    Quoted message said:

    am
    > >if you are out there referring to yourself as OLD. Watch it now.
    > >
    > >La
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> Well, ahem, within reason. (G)
    > >>
    > >> Dragged the OLD body out on a snowshoe trip yesterday. Glorious in the mountains but the
    > >> snow was definitely not my definition of skiable.
    > >>
    > >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:58:06 +1300, Erin Marsh <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:34:57 -0800, Fred <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >> >
    > >> >>Okay, that is it!!!! (G)
    > >> >
    > >> >Aw, c'mon Fred. Admit it, you're loving the attention ;-)

  7. Oh, things are warped if being told to "drop dead" is lighter but I do understand. Maybe she should
    move up here - three coats might not even be sufficient (G)

    Lesanne said:

    Oh, on a lighter note, Ma told me to "drop dead" out of the blue in a store yesterday. She is
    finally exhibiting some of the meanness I have heard about. I was trying to get her to walk, and
    she wanted to put on the jackets she was standing near. As in two or three of them.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You have pictured the idylic nature of winter camping - very pure and very quiet.

    I hope you can bring some of that serenity to whatever is happening. Vacations from caregiving
    are mandatory - I recall spelling my dad for a week and did not know how he did it as long as he
    did. It was also when my sister and I made the decision that dad needed full relief or he would
    die first - it was that simple. Best

    Lesanne said:

    Oh the bliss envisioned by a mental picture of me, the tent, the space,


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    silence, the Lack of anyone, anywhere..... We are having some trouble in paradise here with my
    daughter that has me a bit freaked. I so want to


    run

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    away from home. I gotta find some help with the home caregiving thing so


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    can take off once in a while, or things are going to be not good here.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Okay. Be that way. Happy camper, huh - try snow camping (G)
    >
    > Chaos - hope you get it under control.
    >
    > Fred
    >
    > On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 20:11:03 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >I don't want no blinkin gifts buddy.... Snarl. (how was that?) you


    do

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >know of course that if I get to Jan 1, under 164 I am a total happy
    camper?
    > >But It would be nice to have some space. But heck, things are a


    little

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >chaotic here in humid land, I dunno what will transpire.
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> Well, this morning was not as good as hoped.
    > >>
    > >> But you really have a great chance in about two weeks - we have our work "employee
    > >> recognition breakfast" early the morning of WI. I


    will

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> be dressed in jacket, tie, slacks, etc and will have breakfast and then head to WI! Not a
    > >> great situtation unless I can sit with 300 others eating breakfast and NOT eat breakfast!
    > >>
    > >> But maybe it is time to just let you have it as I would really hate


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> be the one to drive you to desparation. Besides, some others are


    now

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> giving you a run for the money.
    > >>
    > >> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:45:52 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >Ah haha. You better be prepared to weigh in shorts I am having a


    very

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >good
    > >> >week over here.
    > >> >
    > >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >>
    > >> >>
    > >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:54:18 GMT, "Lesanne"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >What did you do with your NEW body while you were rollin around


    in

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the
    > >> >snow
    > >> >> >with the OLD one? Or whats her name? would be the other smart a
    > >comment
    > >> >to
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Ah, the ol' "I did not wake up grumpy, I let her sleep!" (G)
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Actually, the new body must be in pretty good shape - I remember
    doing
    > >> >> this trip last year and struggling a bit more. I was surprised


    at

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    how
    > >> >> early it was when I stopped for my SECOND lunch (G) Leaving on
    these
    > >> >> trips early - one tends to snack somewhere around 10am with the
    first
    > >> >> lunch and then eat again around noon.
    > >> >>
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >that one. I am on a major roll this week feeling SOOOO renewed
    after
    > >> >living
    > >> >> >through turkey day and ending up with my scale saying 159 again.


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    am
    > >> >gonna
    > >> >> >be hard to beat this week, unless you kept some of your fabulous
    > >recent
    > >> >> >loss.........
    > >> >>
    > >> >> I do hope I can disappoint you!!! I seem to be holding


    reasonably

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> well (fingers crossed). Maybe thanksgiving and awful pies


    helps!!!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> (G)
    > >> >>
    > >> >> But clearly this means that I cannot weighin in full regalia. It
    will
    > >> >> be your fault as I shiver in shorts. (g)
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >La ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> >> Well, ahem, within reason. (G)
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> Dragged the OLD body out on a snowshoe trip yesterday.


    Glorious

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    in
    > >> >> >> the mountains but the snow was definitely not my definition of skiable.
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:58:06 +1300, Erin Marsh
    <[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> wrote:
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:34:57 -0800, Fred
    > ><[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> >wrote:
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >>Okay, that is it!!!! (G)
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >Aw, c'mon Fred. Admit it, you're loving the attention ;-)
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >
    > >> >>
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >
    >


  8. (More silence....)

    Lesanne said:

    tee hee, I just have this "father" thing I think. I can pretty much take care of myself. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Oh, hoping for an inheritance? (gd&r)

    Sorry but I just purchased cross-country ski set number 15, I think!
    (G) Now I need some new bindings for them.....

    Lesanne said:

    There is THAT. or THOSE. Legs, that is...... Tell you what though,


    from

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the advanced age of 55, since I do also love "older" men, Fred is


    probably

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    too young for me.....

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    > hehehe - and we've seen the *leg* pics to prove that point!
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    >
    > On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 20:14:37 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    > >GAAHHH. Quit teasing, I refuse to google it. And I have parttimers,
    which
    > >is one reason I cleaned up the diet, hoping not to progress to
    Alzheimers...
    > >Just spit it out, how old can you be? And don't think that your age will protect you, men
    > >tend to improve


    with

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    age
    > >you know......
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> Here's one hint - I have a friend who is 63 and he can hike me into the ground. And another
    > >> who is over 70 and can, at least, keep up.
    > >>
    > >> Actually, I believe that I have mentioned my age before in some


    thread

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> long ago and far away.
    > >>
    > >> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:47:31 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >hmmm the Fifth decade, or could you actually BE old, like 70 or
    > >something.
    > >> >Somehow I doubt it, you are too lively, although I did have a


    friend

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    who
    > >was
    > >> >a tennis terror at 85.
    > >> >
    > >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> I guess it is time to resort to court stuff again - I plead the
    Fifth.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:56:55 GMT, "Lesanne"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >So how old are you Fred? You don't Look old. You better be


    older

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >than I
    > >> >am
    > >> >> >if you are out there referring to yourself as OLD. Watch it


    now.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >La
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> >> Well, ahem, within reason. (G)
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> Dragged the OLD body out on a snowshoe trip yesterday.


    Glorious

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    in
    > >> >> >> the mountains but the snow was definitely not my definition of skiable.
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:58:06 +1300, Erin Marsh
    <[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> wrote:
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:34:57 -0800, Fred
    > ><[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> >wrote:
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >>Okay, that is it!!!! (G)
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >Aw, c'mon Fred. Admit it, you're loving the attention ;-)
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >
    > >> >>
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >
    >


  9. Oh, you're right. I forgot next week could be "dress" clothes.

    Nah, I had my jeans and turtleneck in my little backpack.

    The news, good or bad (your perspective or mine) is below....

    Lesanne said:

    hoo boy. I can see you now, standing there in your shorts with your suit on a hanger. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Couldn't do your own research, huh.

    The truth is revealed nearly.

    I shall be up a bit, I fear in a bit over and hour. But a bit for Thanksgiving week ain't bad.

    The question is do I take the second wardrobe and provide a control for next week's up week with
    more clothes???

    Lesanne said:

    Hey thanks Kristin, now that I know he is older than I am, the whole deal takes on a new light.
    I should probably let him stay a pound or two under me, respect for your elders and all...
    ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

    "Kristin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...
    > "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > "]news:[email hidden]...
    > > Here's one hint - I have a friend who is 63 and he can hike me into the ground. And another
    > > who is over 70 and can, at least, keep up.
    > >
    > > Actually, I believe that I have mentioned my age before in some


    thread

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > long ago and far away.
    >
    > ha HA!
    >
    > Well, I have a few hiking buddies that are in the 60's and one is
    > > close to 80 but I really do think genetics plays a role in folks that age still hiking the
    > > dickens out of me. Both are in what we call Mountain Rescue and go to help hikers/climbers
    > > who have gotten lost


    or

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > injured. They are incredibly fit. I'm 56+ and do okay for a pudge but nothing like them.
    > > Even in my good days!
    >
    > I did a google search... ๐Ÿ˜‰ This was in Joyce's "goal" thread from February. Sorry Fred! ๐Ÿ™‚
    >
    > --
    >
    > ~Kristin O~
    > 272/238/172
    >
    > Here's our FAQ: didian.comasdww and welcome notice:
    > geocities.comindex.html
    >
    >


  10. Yup, there are those, also. My mom preferred young folks to the grouches her age (G)

    Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\) said:

    And, then there are those who were born 'old.' My ex (my kid's dad) is a perfect example of that.
    Before he was even 30, he was old. I'd much rather be around people who are chronologically old and
    think young, than the other way around! :-)

  11. hmmmmmmmm, you might have a point ... not quite old enough? How much older is *older*? <g>
    Hubmeister is 10 years older than I am ... actually 9, except between feb and april. I like my men
    already broken in, don't want to have to go through paper training. <G>

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    There is THAT. or THOSE. Legs, that is...... Tell you what though, from the advanced age of 55,
    since I do also love "older" men, Fred is probably too young for me.....

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    hehehe - and we've seen the *leg* pics to prove that point!

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    GAAHHH. Quit teasing, I refuse to google it. And I have parttimers,


    which

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    is one reason I cleaned up the diet, hoping not to progress to


    Alzheimers...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Just spit it out, how old can you be? And don't think that your age will protect you, men tend
    to improve with


    age

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you know......

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Here's one hint - I have a friend who is 63 and he can hike me into the ground. And another
    > who is over 70 and can, at least, keep up.
    >
    > Actually, I believe that I have mentioned my age before in some thread long ago and far away.
    >
    > On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:47:31 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >hmmm the Fifth decade, or could you actually BE old, like 70 or
    something.
    > >Somehow I doubt it, you are too lively, although I did have a friend


    who

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    was
    > >a tennis terror at 85.
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> I guess it is time to resort to court stuff again - I plead the


    Fifth.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>
    > >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:56:55 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >So how old are you Fred? You don't Look old. You better be older
    than I
    > >am
    > >> >if you are out there referring to yourself as OLD. Watch it now.
    > >> >
    > >> >La
    > >> >
    > >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> Well, ahem, within reason. (G)
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Dragged the OLD body out on a snowshoe trip yesterday. Glorious


    in

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> the mountains but the snow was definitely not my definition of skiable.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:58:06 +1300, Erin Marsh


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:34:57 -0800, Fred
    <[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >wrote:
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >>Okay, that is it!!!! (G)
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >Aw, c'mon Fred. Admit it, you're loving the attention ;-)
    > >> >>
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >
    >


  12. Do you have any homes/facilities in your area that you could place your mom for just a few days? We
    have a few near me, my uncle used them occassionally for his wife. He had no one that could come
    into his home to stay with her for extended periods, and she was unable to care for herself at all.
    His choice was to give up his life totally (which he was more than willing to do) or seek out
    alternatives (at our prodding). After the first 3 day week-end away, he found that she was very well
    cared for, contented ... and he was much more relaxed. After that he forced himself to do it twice a
    year - and was able to what he really enjoyed and missed ... old army type conventions.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    Oh the bliss envisioned by a mental picture of me, the tent, the space, the silence, the Lack of
    anyone, anywhere..... We are having some trouble in paradise here with my daughter that has me a
    bit freaked. I so want to run away from home. I gotta find some help with the home caregiving thing
    so I can take off once in a while, or things are going to be not good here.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Okay. Be that way. Happy camper, huh - try snow camping (G)

    Chaos - hope you get it under control.

    Fred

    Lesanne said:

    I don't want no blinkin gifts buddy.... Snarl. (how was that?) you do know of course that if I
    get to Jan 1, under 164 I am a total happy


    camper?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    But It would be nice to have some space. But heck, things are a little chaotic here in humid
    land, I dunno what will transpire.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Well, this morning was not as good as hoped.
    >
    > But you really have a great chance in about two weeks - we have our work "employee recognition
    > breakfast" early the morning of WI. I will be dressed in jacket, tie, slacks, etc and will
    > have breakfast and then head to WI! Not a great situtation unless I can sit with 300 others
    > eating breakfast and NOT eat breakfast!
    >
    > But maybe it is time to just let you have it as I would really hate to be the one to drive you
    > to desparation. Besides, some others are now giving you a run for the money.
    >
    > On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:45:52 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >Ah haha. You better be prepared to weigh in shorts I am having a very
    good
    > >week over here.
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:54:18 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >What did you do with your NEW body while you were rollin around in


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >snow
    > >> >with the OLD one? Or whats her name? would be the other smart a
    comment
    > >to
    > >>
    > >> Ah, the ol' "I did not wake up grumpy, I let her sleep!" (G)
    > >>
    > >> Actually, the new body must be in pretty good shape - I remember


    doing

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> this trip last year and struggling a bit more. I was surprised at


    how

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> early it was when I stopped for my SECOND lunch (G) Leaving on


    these

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> trips early - one tends to snack somewhere around 10am with the


    first

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> lunch and then eat again around noon.
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> >that one. I am on a major roll this week feeling SOOOO renewed


    after

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >living
    > >> >through turkey day and ending up with my scale saying 159 again. I


    am

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >gonna
    > >> >be hard to beat this week, unless you kept some of your fabulous
    recent
    > >> >loss.........
    > >>
    > >> I do hope I can disappoint you!!! I seem to be holding reasonably well (fingers crossed).
    > >> Maybe thanksgiving and awful pies helps!!!
    > >> (G)
    > >>
    > >> But clearly this means that I cannot weighin in full regalia. It


    will

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> be your fault as I shiver in shorts. (g)
    > >>
    > >> >La ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚
    > >> >
    > >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> Well, ahem, within reason. (G)
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Dragged the OLD body out on a snowshoe trip yesterday. Glorious


    in

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> the mountains but the snow was definitely not my definition of skiable.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:58:06 +1300, Erin Marsh


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:34:57 -0800, Fred
    <[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >wrote:
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >>Okay, that is it!!!! (G)
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >Aw, c'mon Fred. Admit it, you're loving the attention ;-)
    > >> >>
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >
    >


  13. yup, but you still love us. <g>

    Joyce

    Fred said:

    Dang google.

    You and Lesanne are quite a pair!!!!

    Joyce said:
    Kristin said:

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Here's one hint - I have a friend who is 63 and he can hike me into the ground. And another who
    > is over 70 and can, at least, keep up.
    >
    > Actually, I believe that I have mentioned my age before in some thread long ago and far away.

    ha HA!

    Well, I have a few hiking buddies that are in the 60's and one is
    > close to 80 but I really do think genetics plays a role in folks that age still hiking the
    > dickens out of me. Both are in what we call Mountain Rescue and go to help hikers/climbers who
    > have gotten lost or injured. They are incredibly fit. I'm 56+ and do okay for a pudge but
    > nothing like them. Even in my good days!

    I did a google search... ๐Ÿ˜‰ This was in Joyce's "goal" thread from February. Sorry Fred! ๐Ÿ™‚

    great sleuthing Kristin! I knew I liked Fred for some reason ... is the same age as hub (I love
    older men!). Dang - you think that alone would have made me remember the age. <grin>

    Joyce

  14. Oh boy, I'm laughing so dang hard ... can just see where this is gonna lead. Will Fred remain
    speechless? <G>

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    hoo boy. I can see you now, standing there in your shorts with your suit on a hanger. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Couldn't do your own research, huh.

    The truth is revealed nearly.

    I shall be up a bit, I fear in a bit over and hour. But a bit for Thanksgiving week ain't bad.

    The question is do I take the second wardrobe and provide a control for next week's up week with
    more clothes???

    Lesanne said:

    Hey thanks Kristin, now that I know he is older than I am, the whole deal takes on a new light.
    I should probably let him stay a pound or two under me, respect for your elders and all...
    ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

    "Kristin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...
    > "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > "]news:[email hidden]...
    > > Here's one hint - I have a friend who is 63 and he can hike me into the ground. And another
    > > who is over 70 and can, at least, keep up.
    > >
    > > Actually, I believe that I have mentioned my age before in some


    thread

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > long ago and far away.
    >
    > ha HA!
    >
    > Well, I have a few hiking buddies that are in the 60's and one is
    > > close to 80 but I really do think genetics plays a role in folks that age still hiking the
    > > dickens out of me. Both are in what we call Mountain Rescue and go to help hikers/climbers
    > > who have gotten lost


    or

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > injured. They are incredibly fit. I'm 56+ and do okay for a pudge but nothing like them.
    > > Even in my good days!
    >
    > I did a google search... ๐Ÿ˜‰ This was in Joyce's "goal" thread from February. Sorry Fred! ๐Ÿ™‚
    >
    > --
    >
    > ~Kristin O~
    > 272/238/172
    >
    > Here's our FAQ: didian.comasdww and welcome notice:
    > geocities.comindex.html
    >
    >


  15. Oh Lesanne, I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. My mom is bugging me to take her Christmas
    shopping, not sure how you do it cuz I'm sure not looking forward to taking her into a store. I know
    she will want to bring everything home, swears she has no clothing and no food. <sigh> Was your mom
    putting one coat on top of the other? hehehe guess sometimes you just gotta laugh, at least hope you
    were able to later. (My frustrations always turn very humorous when I can finally retell them ...
    like the missing underwear that was lovingly giftbagged to go to my older brother)

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    Oh, on a lighter note, Ma told me to "drop dead" out of the blue in a store yesterday. She is
    finally exhibiting some of the meanness I have heard about. I was trying to get her to walk, and
    she wanted to put on the jackets she was standing near. As in two or three of them.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You have pictured the idylic nature of winter camping - very pure and very quiet.

    I hope you can bring some of that serenity to whatever is happening. Vacations from caregiving
    are mandatory - I recall spelling my dad for a week and did not know how he did it as long as he
    did. It was also when my sister and I made the decision that dad needed full relief or he would
    die first - it was that simple. Best

    Lesanne said:

    Oh the bliss envisioned by a mental picture of me, the tent, the space,


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    silence, the Lack of anyone, anywhere..... We are having some trouble in paradise here with my
    daughter that has me a bit freaked. I so want to


    run

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    away from home. I gotta find some help with the home caregiving thing so


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    can take off once in a while, or things are going to be not good here.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Okay. Be that way. Happy camper, huh - try snow camping (G)
    >
    > Chaos - hope you get it under control.
    >
    > Fred
    >
    > On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 20:11:03 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >I don't want no blinkin gifts buddy.... Snarl. (how was that?) you


    do

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >know of course that if I get to Jan 1, under 164 I am a total happy
    camper?
    > >But It would be nice to have some space. But heck, things are a


    little

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >chaotic here in humid land, I dunno what will transpire.
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> Well, this morning was not as good as hoped.
    > >>
    > >> But you really have a great chance in about two weeks - we have our work "employee
    > >> recognition breakfast" early the morning of WI. I


    will

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> be dressed in jacket, tie, slacks, etc and will have breakfast and then head to WI! Not a
    > >> great situtation unless I can sit with 300 others eating breakfast and NOT eat breakfast!
    > >>
    > >> But maybe it is time to just let you have it as I would really hate


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> be the one to drive you to desparation. Besides, some others are


    now

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> giving you a run for the money.
    > >>
    > >> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:45:52 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >Ah haha. You better be prepared to weigh in shorts I am having a


    very

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >good
    > >> >week over here.
    > >> >
    > >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >>
    > >> >>
    > >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:54:18 GMT, "Lesanne"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >What did you do with your NEW body while you were rollin around


    in

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the
    > >> >snow
    > >> >> >with the OLD one? Or whats her name? would be the other smart a
    > >comment
    > >> >to
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Ah, the ol' "I did not wake up grumpy, I let her sleep!" (G)
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Actually, the new body must be in pretty good shape - I remember
    doing
    > >> >> this trip last year and struggling a bit more. I was surprised


    at

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    how
    > >> >> early it was when I stopped for my SECOND lunch (G) Leaving on
    these
    > >> >> trips early - one tends to snack somewhere around 10am with the
    first
    > >> >> lunch and then eat again around noon.
    > >> >>
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >that one. I am on a major roll this week feeling SOOOO renewed
    after
    > >> >living
    > >> >> >through turkey day and ending up with my scale saying 159 again.


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    am
    > >> >gonna
    > >> >> >be hard to beat this week, unless you kept some of your fabulous
    > >recent
    > >> >> >loss.........
    > >> >>
    > >> >> I do hope I can disappoint you!!! I seem to be holding


    reasonably

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> well (fingers crossed). Maybe thanksgiving and awful pies


    helps!!!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> (G)
    > >> >>
    > >> >> But clearly this means that I cannot weighin in full regalia. It
    will
    > >> >> be your fault as I shiver in shorts. (g)
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >La ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> >> Well, ahem, within reason. (G)
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> Dragged the OLD body out on a snowshoe trip yesterday.


    Glorious

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    in
    > >> >> >> the mountains but the snow was definitely not my definition of skiable.
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:58:06 +1300, Erin Marsh
    <[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> wrote:
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:34:57 -0800, Fred
    > ><[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> >wrote:
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >>Okay, that is it!!!! (G)
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >Aw, c'mon Fred. Admit it, you're loving the attention ;-)
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >
    > >> >>
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >
    >


  16. I have not heard that "statistic." Got your bullet proof vest yet?
    (G)

    Lesanne said:

    FRED! I was talking about MONEY WISE>>> Good grief! As In I don't need the old guys wallet ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚.
    You know what they say anyway, after a woman is past 50 she is more likely to be shot in the U.S.A.
    than she is to get married again. !

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    (More silence....)

    Lesanne said:

    tee hee, I just have this "father" thing I think. I can pretty much take care of myself. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Oh, hoping for an inheritance? (gd&r)
    >
    > Sorry but I just purchased cross-country ski set number 15, I think!
    > (G) Now I need some new bindings for them.....
    >
    > On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:14:30 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >There is THAT. or THOSE. Legs, that is...... Tell you what though,
    from
    > >the advanced age of 55, since I do also love "older" men, Fred is
    probably
    > >too young for me.....
    > >
    > >"Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> hehehe - and we've seen the *leg* pics to prove that point!
    > >>
    > >> Joyce
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 20:14:37 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]>
    wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >GAAHHH. Quit teasing, I refuse to google it. And I have


    parttimers,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >which
    > >> >is one reason I cleaned up the diet, hoping not to progress to
    > >Alzheimers...
    > >> >Just spit it out, how old can you be? And don't think that your age will protect you, men
    > >> >tend to improve
    with
    > >age
    > >> >you know......
    > >> >
    > >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> Here's one hint - I have a friend who is 63 and he can hike me


    into

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> the ground. And another who is over 70 and can, at least, keep


    up.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >>
    > >> >> Actually, I believe that I have mentioned my age before in some
    thread
    > >> >> long ago and far away.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:47:31 GMT, "Lesanne"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >hmmm the Fifth decade, or could you actually BE old, like 70 or
    > >> >something.
    > >> >> >Somehow I doubt it, you are too lively, although I did have a
    friend
    > >who
    > >> >was
    > >> >> >a tennis terror at 85.
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> >> I guess it is time to resort to court stuff again - I plead


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >Fifth.
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:56:55 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> wrote:
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >So how old are you Fred? You don't Look old. You better be
    older
    > >> >than I
    > >> >> >am
    > >> >> >> >if you are out there referring to yourself as OLD. Watch it
    now.
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >La
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >> >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> >> >> Well, ahem, within reason. (G)
    > >> >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >> Dragged the OLD body out on a snowshoe trip yesterday.
    Glorious
    > >in
    > >> >> >> >> the mountains but the snow was definitely not my definition


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> >> >> skiable.
    > >> >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:58:06 +1300, Erin Marsh
    > ><[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> >> wrote:
    > >> >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >> >On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:34:57 -0800, Fred
    > >> ><[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> >> >wrote:
    > >> >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >> >>Okay, that is it!!!! (G)
    > >> >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >> >Aw, c'mon Fred. Admit it, you're loving the attention ;-)
    > >> >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >
    > >> >>
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >
    >


  17. HEY! (g)

    Joyce said:

    hmmmmmmmm, you might have a point ... not quite old enough? How much older is *older*? <g>
    Hubmeister is 10 years older than I am ... actually 9, except between feb and april. I like my men
    already broken in, don't want to have to go through paper training. <G>

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    There is THAT. or THOSE. Legs, that is...... Tell you what though, from the advanced age of 55,
    since I do also love "older" men, Fred is probably too young for me.....

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    hehehe - and we've seen the *leg* pics to prove that point!

    Joyce

    On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 20:14:37 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >GAAHHH. Quit teasing, I refuse to google it. And I have parttimers,


    which

    Quoted message said:

    >is one reason I cleaned up the diet, hoping not to progress to


    Alzheimers...

    Quoted message said:

    >Just spit it out, how old can you be? And don't think that your age will protect you, men tend
    >to improve with


    age

    Quoted message said:

    >you know......
    >
    >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> Here's one hint - I have a friend who is 63 and he can hike me into the ground. And another
    >> who is over 70 and can, at least, keep up.
    >>
    >> Actually, I believe that I have mentioned my age before in some thread long ago and far away.
    >>
    >> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:47:31 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >hmmm the Fifth decade, or could you actually BE old, like 70 or
    >something.
    >> >Somehow I doubt it, you are too lively, although I did have a friend


    who

    Quoted message said:

    >was
    >> >a tennis terror at 85.
    >> >
    >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> >> I guess it is time to resort to court stuff again - I plead the


    Fifth.

    Quoted message said:

    >> >>
    >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:56:55 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >> >So how old are you Fred? You don't Look old. You better be older
    >than I
    >> >am
    >> >> >if you are out there referring to yourself as OLD. Watch it now.
    >> >> >
    >> >> >La
    >> >> >
    >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> >> >> Well, ahem, within reason. (G)
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >> Dragged the OLD body out on a snowshoe trip yesterday. Glorious


    in

    Quoted message said:

    >> >> >> the mountains but the snow was definitely not my definition of skiable.
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:58:06 +1300, Erin Marsh


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    >> >> >> wrote:
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >> >On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:34:57 -0800, Fred
    ><[email hidden]>
    >> >> >> >wrote:
    >> >> >> >
    >> >> >> >>Okay, that is it!!!! (G)
    >> >> >> >
    >> >> >> >Aw, c'mon Fred. Admit it, you're loving the attention ;-)
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >
    >> >>
    >> >
    >>
    >


  18. The nasty area homes is really a shame. I have heard a lot of nightmare stories, had somewhat of an
    idea what to look for when trying to place mom (my sister is also a nurse). Guess we just got lucky,
    but did opt for a much older, smaller and established home that was within 2 blocks of where we grew
    up. Nursing staff turnover is very, very low ... which I also take as a good sign. I did look on
    some website at nursing home ratings, this one appeared (to me) to score very well. Again, just
    plain ol' dumb luck.

    I'm sorry your mom won't let you leave her sight, that has to be tough. It's not like we don't lay
    enough guilt on ourselves - sure don't need anyone else helping in that department. <G> Is the
    meanness just part of the disease? I've heard others speak of the same thing. I haven't noticed any
    out of the ordinary meanness on my mom's part - but she was always a nasty cuss when things didn't
    go according to HER plan. <G>

    Maybe the woman you found will let you run away for a few days. Ahhhhh, is always good to dream.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    oh hoo boy. She would really pitch a fit. She pitches a fit when I am out of her sight for an
    afternoon. I do have a line on a lady who helps a friend of mine who had a stroke. This lady will
    come and stay here if I want to take off for some reason. The homes/facilities in this area are
    really not good. As a nurse, I know. Horror stories. When I worked the med/surg floor at the local
    hospital they would come in with all kinds of problems that we knew were caused by the environment.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Do you have any homes/facilities in your area that you could place your


    mom for

    Quoted message said:

    just a few days? We have a few near me, my uncle used them occassionally


    for his

    Quoted message said:

    wife. He had no one that could come into his home to stay with her for


    extended

    Quoted message said:

    periods, and she was unable to care for herself at all. His choice was to


    give up

    Quoted message said:

    his life totally (which he was more than willing to do) or seek out


    alternatives

    Quoted message said:

    (at our prodding). After the first 3 day week-end away, he found that she


    was

    Quoted message said:

    very well cared for, contented ... and he was much more relaxed. After


    that he

    Quoted message said:

    forced himself to do it twice a year - and was able to what he really


    enjoyed and

    Quoted message said:

    missed ... old army type conventions.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    Oh the bliss envisioned by a mental picture of me, the tent, the space,


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    silence, the Lack of anyone, anywhere..... We are having some trouble in paradise here with my
    daughter that has me a bit freaked. I so want to


    run

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    away from home. I gotta find some help with the home caregiving thing so


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    can take off once in a while, or things are going to be not good here.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Okay. Be that way. Happy camper, huh - try snow camping (G)
    >
    > Chaos - hope you get it under control.
    >
    > Fred
    >
    > On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 20:11:03 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >I don't want no blinkin gifts buddy.... Snarl. (how was that?) you


    do

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >know of course that if I get to Jan 1, under 164 I am a total happy
    camper?
    > >But It would be nice to have some space. But heck, things are a


    little

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >chaotic here in humid land, I dunno what will transpire.
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> Well, this morning was not as good as hoped.
    > >>
    > >> But you really have a great chance in about two weeks - we have our work "employee
    > >> recognition breakfast" early the morning of WI. I


    will

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> be dressed in jacket, tie, slacks, etc and will have breakfast and then head to WI! Not a
    > >> great situtation unless I can sit with 300 others eating breakfast and NOT eat breakfast!
    > >>
    > >> But maybe it is time to just let you have it as I would really hate


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> be the one to drive you to desparation. Besides, some others are


    now

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> giving you a run for the money.
    > >>
    > >> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:45:52 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >Ah haha. You better be prepared to weigh in shorts I am having a


    very

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >good
    > >> >week over here.
    > >> >
    > >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >>
    > >> >>
    > >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:54:18 GMT, "Lesanne"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >What did you do with your NEW body while you were rollin around


    in

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the
    > >> >snow
    > >> >> >with the OLD one? Or whats her name? would be the other smart a
    > >comment
    > >> >to
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Ah, the ol' "I did not wake up grumpy, I let her sleep!" (G)
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Actually, the new body must be in pretty good shape - I remember
    doing
    > >> >> this trip last year and struggling a bit more. I was surprised


    at

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    how
    > >> >> early it was when I stopped for my SECOND lunch (G) Leaving on
    these
    > >> >> trips early - one tends to snack somewhere around 10am with the
    first
    > >> >> lunch and then eat again around noon.
    > >> >>
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >that one. I am on a major roll this week feeling SOOOO renewed
    after
    > >> >living
    > >> >> >through turkey day and ending up with my scale saying 159 again.


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    am
    > >> >gonna
    > >> >> >be hard to beat this week, unless you kept some of your fabulous
    > >recent
    > >> >> >loss.........
    > >> >>
    > >> >> I do hope I can disappoint you!!! I seem to be holding


    reasonably

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> well (fingers crossed). Maybe thanksgiving and awful pies


    helps!!!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> (G)
    > >> >>
    > >> >> But clearly this means that I cannot weighin in full regalia. It
    will
    > >> >> be your fault as I shiver in shorts. (g)
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >La ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> >> Well, ahem, within reason. (G)
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> Dragged the OLD body out on a snowshoe trip yesterday.


    Glorious

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    in
    > >> >> >> the mountains but the snow was definitely not my definition of skiable.
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:58:06 +1300, Erin Marsh
    <[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> wrote:
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:34:57 -0800, Fred
    > ><[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> >wrote:
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >>Okay, that is it!!!! (G)
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >Aw, c'mon Fred. Admit it, you're loving the attention ;-)
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >
    > >> >>
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >
    >


  19. Oh how funny! I do know how frustrating it could be though, but still would be hard to control the
    laughter. My brothers have no patience for the constant repitition - asking same questions over and
    over, within minutes of getting an answer. I've given up trying to explain that she isn't doing it
    on purpose, now just tell them she does it to pull their chains. Currently she is focused on her
    glasses ... constantly tells all of us she needs new glasses, that the pair she is wearing are ones
    that someone gave to her years ago. I've told her the changing eyesight is due to cataracts, not
    quite ready to have anything done on them yet. Then she changes to needing to have knee replacement
    surgery ... again. NOT gonna happen - will not take the risk of the anesthtic. Do I have the fun
    restaurant games ahead of me? Right now mom is ok going out, and does love to go (because they don't
    feed her at the home, ya know. The only meals she gets are those that she sneaks into *office
    meetings* for). Yet she has put weight on, so go figure.
    <g> The only problem we have at restaurants is that she needs to have the menu read to her, tells
    me what she wants, then tells the waiter something else. And always complains about what she
    gets. LOL But she hasn't had a bad desert yet!

    That really is a shame as to the care and respect the elderly get in your nursing homes. I know I've
    told you, but I do feel we got incredibly lucky. The staff where mom is, is wonderful! Appears to be
    lots of hugs and genuine caring, lots of attempts at what I call ego-boosting - working on raising
    mom's level of self-esteem. Why does it vary so much from home to home?

    While out shopping today, I had two senior ladies get lost in the store, couldn't find the elevator
    or their car. They didn't realize the store had two levels and two parking lots (both of which were
    totally packed). I overheard them talking and told them to just follow me as I was heading to the
    elevator. They acted so surprised that anyone would even give them the time of day ... chatted the
    entire time with me, and I walked them to the door leading to the upper parking lot. Our area is
    loaded with fast paced yuppies - rarely give the time of day to seniors and have no patience for
    them. Help? That's a foreign concept. Heck, last year I saw a wheelchair man tip over when coming
    out of his home - laid face down in the snow and ice. I was the only car to stop and try to help.
    The guy told me he was bleeding and I shouldn't help ... I told him I didn't care, we had to get him
    out of the snow ... at least his face. Called the police when I realized he was just too darned
    heavy for me to do anything (guess it was dead weight since he couldn't assist me at all). I still
    am dumbfounded that not one other person stopped ... but all didn't hesitate to slow down and gawk
    as they drove past.

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    Yes, she had put one on, then another over it. I got her to come away by telling her they were
    "mens" coats (they were). I usually walk her in the mall when it is not open yet? And she gripes
    the whole way "nothing is open, this is boring, why are we here" and I tell her "for Exercise!" and
    she says "I don't need exercise" then a few steps farther and we do that all again...

    It is really neat taking her out to eat. She loves loves loves to go, but will do things like put
    butter on her knife and lick it off, or put tartar sauce on her vegetables, or bread, and don't
    even let her slow down at the desserts in a cafeteria or she will pick up two or three and carry
    them. As in lift them off the plates.

    One thing about our area, people really respect the elderly who are out in the community, and try
    to help. I don't know why it doesn't extend to care in the nursing homes.

    "Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Oh Lesanne, I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. My mom is bugging me


    to take

    Quoted message said:

    her Christmas shopping, not sure how you do it cuz I'm sure not looking


    forward to

    Quoted message said:

    taking her into a store. I know she will want to bring everything home,


    swears

    Quoted message said:

    she has no clothing and no food. <sigh> Was your mom putting one coat on


    top of

    Quoted message said:

    the other? hehehe guess sometimes you just gotta laugh, at least hope


    you were

    Quoted message said:

    able to later. (My frustrations always turn very humorous when I can


    finally

    Quoted message said:

    retell them ... like the missing underwear that was lovingly giftbagged to


    go to

    Quoted message said:

    my older brother)

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    Oh, on a lighter note, Ma told me to "drop dead" out of the blue in a


    store

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    yesterday. She is finally exhibiting some of the meanness I have heard about. I was trying to
    get her to walk, and she wanted to put on the jackets she was standing near. As in two or three
    of them.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > You have pictured the idylic nature of winter camping - very pure and very quiet.
    >
    > I hope you can bring some of that serenity to whatever is happening. Vacations from caregiving
    > are mandatory - I recall spelling my dad for a week and did not know how he did it as long as
    > he did. It was also when my sister and I made the decision that dad needed full relief or he
    > would die first - it was that simple. Best
    >
    > On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:17:50 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >Oh the bliss envisioned by a mental picture of me, the tent, the


    space,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the
    > >silence, the Lack of anyone, anywhere..... We are having some trouble


    in

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >paradise here with my daughter that has me a bit freaked. I so want


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    run
    > >away from home. I gotta find some help with the home caregiving thing


    so

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I
    > >can take off once in a while, or things are going to be not good here.
    > >
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> Okay. Be that way. Happy camper, huh - try snow camping (G)
    > >>
    > >> Chaos - hope you get it under control.
    > >>
    > >> Fred
    > >>
    > >> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 20:11:03 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >I don't want no blinkin gifts buddy.... Snarl. (how was that?)


    you

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    do
    > >> >know of course that if I get to Jan 1, under 164 I am a total happy
    > >camper?
    > >> >But It would be nice to have some space. But heck, things are a
    little
    > >> >chaotic here in humid land, I dunno what will transpire.
    > >> >
    > >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> Well, this morning was not as good as hoped.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> But you really have a great chance in about two weeks - we have


    our

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> work "employee recognition breakfast" early the morning of WI. I
    will
    > >> >> be dressed in jacket, tie, slacks, etc and will have breakfast


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> then head to WI! Not a great situtation unless I can sit with


    300

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> others eating breakfast and NOT eat breakfast!
    > >> >>
    > >> >> But maybe it is time to just let you have it as I would really


    hate

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to
    > >> >> be the one to drive you to desparation. Besides, some others are
    now
    > >> >> giving you a run for the money.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:45:52 GMT, "Lesanne"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >Ah haha. You better be prepared to weigh in shorts I am having


    a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    very
    > >> >good
    > >> >> >week over here.
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:54:18 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> wrote:
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >What did you do with your NEW body while you were rollin


    around

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    in
    > >the
    > >> >> >snow
    > >> >> >> >with the OLD one? Or whats her name? would be the other


    smart a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >comment
    > >> >> >to
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> Ah, the ol' "I did not wake up grumpy, I let her sleep!" (G)
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> Actually, the new body must be in pretty good shape - I


    remember

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >doing
    > >> >> >> this trip last year and struggling a bit more. I was


    surprised

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    at
    > >how
    > >> >> >> early it was when I stopped for my SECOND lunch (G) Leaving


    on

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >these
    > >> >> >> trips early - one tends to snack somewhere around 10am with


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >first
    > >> >> >> lunch and then eat again around noon.
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >that one. I am on a major roll this week feeling SOOOO


    renewed

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >after
    > >> >> >living
    > >> >> >> >through turkey day and ending up with my scale saying 159


    again.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I
    > >am
    > >> >> >gonna
    > >> >> >> >be hard to beat this week, unless you kept some of your


    fabulous

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >recent
    > >> >> >> >loss.........
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> I do hope I can disappoint you!!! I seem to be holding
    reasonably
    > >> >> >> well (fingers crossed). Maybe thanksgiving and awful pies
    helps!!!
    > >> >> >> (G)
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> But clearly this means that I cannot weighin in full regalia.


    It

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >will
    > >> >> >> be your fault as I shiver in shorts. (g)
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >La ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >> >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> >> >> Well, ahem, within reason. (G)
    > >> >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >> Dragged the OLD body out on a snowshoe trip yesterday.
    Glorious
    > >in
    > >> >> >> >> the mountains but the snow was definitely not my definition


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> >> >> skiable.
    > >> >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:58:06 +1300, Erin Marsh
    > ><[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> >> wrote:
    > >> >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >> >On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:34:57 -0800, Fred
    > >> ><[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> >> >wrote:
    > >> >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >> >>Okay, that is it!!!! (G)
    > >> >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >> >Aw, c'mon Fred. Admit it, you're loving the attention ;-)
    > >> >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >
    > >> >>
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >
    >


  20. Again, I swear we are long lost sisters! I always tell the hub the same thing ... managed to take
    care of myself just fine before you, expect I can do the same if I have to. We currently stay
    together because we are fighting over who would get the kids ... as in ... YOU do. <G>

    Joyce

    Lesanne said:

    FRED! I was talking about MONEY WISE>>> Good grief! As In I don't need the old guys wallet ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚.
    You know what they say anyway, after a woman is past 50 she is more likely to be shot in the U.S.A.
    than she is to get married again. !

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    (More silence....)

    Lesanne said:

    tee hee, I just have this "father" thing I think. I can pretty much take care of myself. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚.

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > Oh, hoping for an inheritance? (gd&r)
    >
    > Sorry but I just purchased cross-country ski set number 15, I think!
    > (G) Now I need some new bindings for them.....
    >
    > On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:14:30 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >There is THAT. or THOSE. Legs, that is...... Tell you what though,
    from
    > >the advanced age of 55, since I do also love "older" men, Fred is
    probably
    > >too young for me.....
    > >
    > >"Joyce" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> hehehe - and we've seen the *leg* pics to prove that point!
    > >>
    > >> Joyce
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 20:14:37 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email hidden]>
    wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >GAAHHH. Quit teasing, I refuse to google it. And I have


    parttimers,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >which
    > >> >is one reason I cleaned up the diet, hoping not to progress to
    > >Alzheimers...
    > >> >Just spit it out, how old can you be? And don't think that your age will protect you, men
    > >> >tend to improve
    with
    > >age
    > >> >you know......
    > >> >
    > >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> Here's one hint - I have a friend who is 63 and he can hike me


    into

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> the ground. And another who is over 70 and can, at least, keep


    up.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >>
    > >> >> Actually, I believe that I have mentioned my age before in some
    thread
    > >> >> long ago and far away.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:47:31 GMT, "Lesanne"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >hmmm the Fifth decade, or could you actually BE old, like 70 or
    > >> >something.
    > >> >> >Somehow I doubt it, you are too lively, although I did have a
    friend
    > >who
    > >> >was
    > >> >> >a tennis terror at 85.
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> >> I guess it is time to resort to court stuff again - I plead


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >Fifth.
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:56:55 GMT, "Lesanne"
    <[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> wrote:
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >So how old are you Fred? You don't Look old. You better be
    older
    > >> >than I
    > >> >> >am
    > >> >> >> >if you are out there referring to yourself as OLD. Watch it
    now.
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >La
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >> >> >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> >> >> >> Well, ahem, within reason. (G)
    > >> >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >> Dragged the OLD body out on a snowshoe trip yesterday.
    Glorious
    > >in
    > >> >> >> >> the mountains but the snow was definitely not my definition


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> >> >> skiable.
    > >> >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:58:06 +1300, Erin Marsh
    > ><[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> >> wrote:
    > >> >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >> >On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:34:57 -0800, Fred
    > >> ><[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> >> >wrote:
    > >> >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >> >>Okay, that is it!!!! (G)
    > >> >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >> >Aw, c'mon Fred. Admit it, you're loving the attention ;-)
    > >> >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >
    > >> >>
    > >> >
    > >>
    > >
    >


Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users ยท 0 guests ยท0 bots ยท0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.