UK and Europe · Public discussion

North Birmingham Walking/Cycling Route (Again)

Started by Richard Bates · · Last activity · 1 post · 499 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
13 November 2004
Last activity
13 November 2004
Original author
Richard Bates
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
499
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In March this year I wrote a slightly tongue-in-cheek but nonetheless
    accurate report of the North Birmingham Walking and Cycling Route.

    http://www.google.co.uk/groups?q=group:uk.rec.cycling+insubject:north+insubject:cycle+author:richard+author:bates&hl=en&lr=&selm=lqkl60dthvoe70465grk997qjrfeq5vbak%404ax.com&rnum=1

    Today, 6 months after the original ride, I rode it again to see if
    anything had been imnproved. This time I went a little further on...

    The lighting problem has been much improved. The broken glass that was
    there earlier this year has been added to, thereby increasing the
    amount of moonlight which is reflected.

    The burnt out car may have been the same one, or it may have been
    different. Who cares?

    Across Brookvale park it was good to see that the council had decided
    to leave the bloody great lake unguarded...it adds to the excitement
    due once again to the lack of lighting.

    Then one approaches a three-way decision. Using my local knowledge I
    took what I thought would lead me across the most off-road route, and
    I was correct. I ended up at the gate to a construction site
    underneath the outer perimeter of Spaghetti Junction.

    A local MENSA [1] member offered to escort me across but my father and
    I made our excuses and departed.

    I shall be writing a second letter to Bham Council today.

    Love and hugs from Rich x

    [1] Morons Engaging in Non Sensible Activity.

    --
    If, as Einstein said, space is curved and occupies ten
    dimensions including time; How can you be certain which
    is the underneath of a ladder? And how can you be certain
    you haven't already walked under one next week?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.