Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Nokon type (IRD) aluminum cable case nipples

Started by Chris M · · Last activity · 1 post · 487 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
13 February 2006
Last activity
13 February 2006
Original author
Chris M
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
487
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am assembling my OCLV and I have been using IRD's version (no longer
    sold by them) of the Nokon style aluminum cable casings. The casing is
    made of aluminum nipples that are asymmetric and made in 2 sizes. The
    larger of the 2 are just under 1 cm (about 11 of them measure 10 cm). I
    have used them on 2 bikes, removing and re-installing them about twice
    per year.

    The nipples under the bar tape tended to get corroded really quickly in
    spite of my efforts to protect them from the sweat (I wrapped the
    cables with plastic wrap before finishing the bar taping.

    These are obviously not anodized or protected. How can I clean them so
    that I ca at least reassemble the housing without the internal nylon
    housing binding on the inside diameter or the nipples (at least), and
    (hopefully) clean up the presentation of the aluminum.

    TIA

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.