I recently upgraded the brake levers/shifters on my race-only bike from Ultegra to Dura-Ace (the Ultegras are going on my training bike). They were the same price as the Ultegra shifters at Chucksbikes.com ($189). I like them a lot. They are smoother because they use bearings instead of bushings ala the Ultegra version. The only problem is that they are noisy like the older model of the Ultegra shifters (the old 6500 model as opposed to the newer, quieter 6510 model). They rattle a lot when going over rough pavement.
What gives? Is there a way to fix this? Its driving me bananas 🙁
Boyd Speerschneider <[email hidden]> wrote in :"]news:[email hidden]:
Quoted message said:
Hello,
I recently upgraded the brake levers/shifters on my race-only bike from Ultegra to Dura-Ace (the Ultegras are going on my training bike). They were the same price as the Ultegra shifters at Chucksbikes.com ($189). I like them a lot. They are smoother because they use bearings instead of bushings ala the Ultegra version. The only problem is that they are noisy like the older model of the Ultegra shifters (the old 6500 model as opposed to the newer, quieter 6510 model). They rattle a lot when going over rough pavement.
What gives? Is there a way to fix this? Its driving me bananas 🙁
TIA,
- Boyd S.
I forgot to mention that the model # is ST-7700 (not flight deck compatible).
boyd-<< They rattle a lot when going over rough pavement.
What gives? Is there a way to fix this? >><BR><BR>
May need to seat your brake housing into the lever..Take off the tape securing the housing(bar tape off)and squeeze the brake vigoropusly a few times. Not uncommon for the brake lever to move on rough roads casuing this rattling.
Another solution farther down this post->
Campagnolo(?)
Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302 (303)440-3535 vecchios.comvecchios.comOpen ↗ "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"