Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Nexus 3-speed - adjustment and shortening cable

Started by DougC · · Last activity · 2 posts · 2,100 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
10 October 2007
Last activity
11 October 2007
Original author
DougC
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,100
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a 3-speed on a bike and I need the cable shortened. Is this
    particularly difficult? Is the cable one of those especially-annoying
    types with fittings on both ends?

    Also, how are these supposed to be adjusted? I have seen the "adjustment
    marks" in the window but the hub came built-in to a bike when I bought
    it, and there were no instructions particular to the hub included. It
    goes through its three gears acceptably, I'm just wondering how to know
    if it's correct....
    ~

  2. DougC said:

    I have a 3-speed on a bike and I need the cable shortened. Is this
    particularly difficult? Is the cable one of those especially-annoying
    types with fittings on both ends?

    Also, how are these supposed to be adjusted? I have seen the "adjustment
    marks" in the window but the hub came built-in to a bike when I bought
    it, and there were no instructions particular to the hub included. It
    goes through its three gears acceptably, I'm just wondering how to know
    if it's correct....
    ~


    Nope, no special fittings. At the hub end, there is a cable pinch bolt under the plastic cover on the underside. Adjustment is correct when the yellow indicator is between the lines with the shifter in 2nd.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.