Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

newbie seeks advice on gear shifters

Started by absolute0 · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,297 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
23 April 2005
Last activity
23 April 2005
Original author
absolute0
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,297
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    I bought a mountain bike ages ago and now I've gone off the type of gear changing system. It's a grip shift system (please excuse my terminology), shimano C050 Revoshift with two little pods (CI-DECK MegaRange) on the handle bar. It's a 21 speed and from what I can make out the front derailer is marked as C050 Shimano top swing SIS and the back is just marked as C050.

    I have looked on the web and would like something like the shimano 7 speed STX rapidfire shifters seen here or the Shimano Acera STI Gear/Brake Levers - 7 Speed, seen here.

    Is it going to be possible to replace my existing shifters with these? Would there be any incompatibilities with the gearings?

    Many thanks

    Dave

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.